The Uber Ride

Word Count: 1,306

Scenario:  Basically You are an Uber driver and one day while cruising downtown Miami you get a ping on your driver app but little do you know the passenger is pretty famous.

It was a normal hot and sunny day in Miami the usual like yesterday and the day before that. I was driving wandering aimlessly downtown I guess you could say that I was on "patrol" but more or less I was just bored I had only gotten about 5 riders until things started to slow down so I decided to take a detour and head downtown where the life was so to speak I passed a few women who were fairly attractive and as I stopped at a stop light  I got a few smiles and winks from a group of girls only I wasn't sure if they were interested in me or my car you see I drove a Maybach it was Midnight Black, with custom chrome rims, yeah I know what you're thinking why is a girl driving a car like that well i'll jut say that my parents are rich and I was basically forced to have this car as a sort of peace offering oh yeah and the Uber thing well, that's a different story you see, I basically grew up filthy rich  but unlike most rich people money is everything to them yet it has no value or interest to me and seeing as I wanted some type of normalcy in my life I figured i'd get an easy job and Uber was the first job that I thought of and well here I am.

I sat contently parallel parked enjoying my iced Carmel Ribbon Latte from Starbucks as I  watched the parking meter slowly tick the minutes by before I  would have to leave or else i'd get a parking ticket. suddenly a ping came from my iphone which signaled that I had a rider I quickly clicked the screen and read the name "Lauren J" the rider was about 5 minutes away from me so I started my car and headed out.

"Hm Lauren that's a pretty name" I mumbled to myself

I circled the block to find my rider and noticed a girl about 5'4 with dark hair just past her shoulders she wore a black shirt with the number "1975" scribbled across it along with black acid washed jeans and a pair of doc Martin black boots her hair was flipped to one side delicately as she saw my car approaching a smile crossed her face as I pulled up along side her I noticed that she had a load of shopping bags which now promted me to exit the vehicle.

"Hi, I'm y/n your Uber driver here why don't you go ahead and get in I can take your bags for you if you'd like" I said politely as I gestured to her from the now open back door

"Are you sure there's kinda alot I don't mind helping you?" The girl replied polieltley her raspy yet beautiful voice cooed

"No ,no I've got it you just sit and look pretty I've got cold water or juice in the drink console if you're  thirsty and a few candy bars and stuff if your hungry just over there" I gestured with my eyes to the snack console I had packed and wrapped various candy bars in plastic paper along with a green ribbon just a little something extra I threw in for free for the guests.

"Oh wow thank you so much you're actually the first driver to offer something like this I feel like royalty" the girl giggled as she took her seat I closed the door behind her and opened my truck carefully placing her bags onto the carpeted floorboard.

Upon entering my vehicle  I glanced in the rear view mirror and and noticed the beautiful Emerald Eyed girl helping herself to a cold bottle of water I smiled to myself and pulled off around the corner we drove in silence until a phone rang knowing that it wasn't mine the girl answered

I tuned her phone call out and focused my attention on the road ahead of me  the ride lasted All of 15 minutes before I pulled up to a big white 2 story house with a fully manicured lawn I popped my trunk and began removing Lauren's bags from the car as I entered the beautiful home I noticed awards lined the walls gold,platinum and diamond records VMA's,AMA's Teen Choice Awards, youtube awards etc my Jaw dropped once I noticed who I had actually picked up

"I really appreciate you helping me I kinda went overboard with my shopping"

Lauren said her smile was the most beautiful that I had ever seen yet I was completely speechless and in shock as I came to the realization that this was THE Lauren Jauregui from the BIGGEST Girl Band in the world Fifth Harmony! I hadn't been able to recognize her before because she had been wearing sunglasses and her hair was in a messy bun (pic below is what Lauren was wearing)

Lauren then pointed at the records the "Fifth Harmony" name on a diamond album stuck out

"Oh yeah that well of course I am but I didn't wanna say anything I guess I'm not the normal screaming fan you all are used to" 

Lauren giggled as she began walking up to me my heart began to race an uncomfortable smile crossed my face as I began to back up

"Um I've got all of your bags out is there anything else you might ne-"

"No,  nothing else" Lauren stated cutting me off 

"But I'd like to give you a tip for helping me if that's ok" she said as she searched through her wallet my eyes widened there was no way in hell i'd accept a tip from her little did she know just being in her presence was the best thing I could of ever asked for.

"Oh no don't worry about it Generosity is always free" I stated with a dorky smile making her hitch a big laugh

"Good one, that was a good one I gotta hand it to you" She exclaimed

I didn't notice that we were staring at one another until I caught ear of a small dog barking 

"well I should probably be going, it was nice meeting you and driving you Lauren" I said hesitantly as I reached out to shake her hand only to be pulled into a tight, warm embrace that felt like complete heaven Lauren was shorter than me with me being all of 5'8'' she was about 5'4'' so our heights complimented one another very well.

"well I guess a hug will have to do" she exclaimed her green eyes seemed to sparkle in the sunlight and I noticed that she had no makeup on I thought that she looked so much more beautiful without it that kind of natural beauty that is kinda rare.

As I turned and headed for the front door I was stopped by the small yet curvy Latina

"Hey, um I normally don't ask this but do you think I could get your number just in case I need a ride some other time? I kinda feel comfortable with you" she stated

I turned quickly and froze

"y-yes of course I mean i-i'm always around" I said I watched as Lauren typed my number into her iPhone

"ok thanks and again thank you for helping me with the bags i'll try not to have so many next time" she said as she closed the door a huge smile crossed over my face as I then realized that this could possibly be the start of something amazing however only time will tell..