Missing Something part 2

Start from the beginning

The fear scent was building and his body started to twitch in sleep. Derek called out as he touched his hand. "Stiles. Stiles it's me it's Derek. You're safe yo-"

Stiles started screaming and thrashing. His eyes were wide open but his pupils were still blown and he didn't realize it was Derek at all.

He thrashed and kicked punched and scratched at Derek. Derek just put his arms around the young man that had gone through too much and took the punishment he felt he deserved as he tried to call to the boy. "Stiles. You're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise you"

But Stiles just screamed and thrashed and the scent of terror was suddenly added to by the smell of urine. Derek just held Stiles tighter and took the brunt of the boys attacks.

It took around 5 minutes for him to tire. Then he just lay limp and panting against Derek slowly slipping into sleep again.

Derek just held the boy rocking him gently back and forth softly caressing his hair until he was back into a sleep that lacked that scent of fear. Then slowly Derek cleaned the boy with tawny colored eyes. Derek broke down that night and called Deaton to watch the boy as he went running. He shifted and ran and ran and ran.

He howled and he hunted and he wished that he had an enemy to kill that night.

But instead he just came back to the Stiles window before dawn and slipped in. He didn't know why... he had a key... but he thought that maybe it would wake the honey eyed boy from his slumber.

It didn't.

There wasn't a change until the full moon. A week later. Derek needed to change into his full wolf form this moon. He just needed to. So he called Deaton to watch Stiles while he played guard dog.

So Deaton came over and brought a book and read aloud to Stiles after dinner. Stiles just sat there staring off into the distance unresponsive as usual.

Derek went and changed in the woods and then came trotting back into the open door turning he pushed it closed with his nose and then trotted into the living room. It got him a nod from Deaton as he read about super heroes to Stiles.

Derek sniffed around and walked past Stiles legs secretly scenting him with his fur as he went past.

Suddenly Deaton's voice stopped. Derek turned around and looked over to see Deaton staring at Stiles... who was looking at Derek.

A soft whine came out of Derek as his ears perked up. Stiles was looking at him with blurry eyes. Still no emotion just looking at him. Derek gave out a little huff as he took a step closer.

"Becareful. Slow movements. Don't startle him Derek." Deaton whispered.

It was like the room was holding it's breath as Derek took slow steps towards Stiles until his nose bumped Stiles knee. Softly Derek whined up at Stiles.

Nothing happened for a few moments. Then slowly Stiles fingers stretched just a bit so that his fingertips touched Derek's nose.

Derek was so happy that he started to wag his tale and lick those fingers. Scent flowed from Stiles. The smell of contentment filled Derek's nostrils. He was making Stiles happy.

Soft huffs and whimpers and licks started Derek off and a happy wagging tail. At first Stiles wasn't very responsive. But he smelled happy.

Stiles smelled happy. Derek would stay a pure wolf if it's all it took for Stiles to be happy.

He still looked stoic and didn't really move for a while. Then slowly. Ever so slowly he started to reach out his hand and touch Derek's soft black fur. He seemed to like Derek's ears the most. He liked touching them soft and slow. Or just gently grabbing them and tugging softly at them. Petting them very slowly. Deaton stayed silent and watched hoping not to break the connection that was happening.

Derek spent hours just letting Stiles touch his fur and ears and even his tail. He whined and huffed and gave small barks at Stiles but the boy only responded by silently petting him. He hadn't let anyone pet him before. But he would do anything for Stiles to come back so he let the long fingers run through his fur and scratch at his ears and chest.

It... it felt so good to be touched after so long of being without the touch of anyone. The simple platonic touches that made his wolf happy.

Stiles fell asleep on the couch curled up around Derek in his wolf form holding him to him like a security blanket.

Deaton stayed only until John returned. The look on Johns face brought tears to his eyes when he saw him curled around Stiles protectively and hearing everything from Deaton. John cried and thanked Derek softly in whispers that wouldn't wake his son.

Derek nodded his wolf head. He would stay a wolf as long as Stiles needed. Until he was healed.

To be continued

*(tC