12- MasquerGAY'D part 2

Start from the beginning

“You are so beautiful” Mason remarked. I laughed stunned at his claim and the absurdity of it. “Hey, don’t laugh, I’m being serious. You’re beautiful”

“I’m a guy” I retorted.

“So? Guys can’t be beautiful now?”

“Well...” I pondered “Girls are beautiful and I’m not a girl”

“I would hope not.” He replied smiling and I was struck again by the fact that he liked me. Mason actually liked me. I never thought he could feel anything but hate towards me, and while part of him probably still did...the rest didn’t.

“Do you think I could kiss you again?” I asked hopefully.

He smiled before leaning up and pressing his lips once again to mine immediately sending my heart into overdrive. I kissed back deeply moving my lips harshly against his, part of me wanted to breathe him in, mould his body into mine. I wanted him. The thought scared the shit out of me but I refused to run from it. His lips were soft against my own in contrast and moved expertly setting every nerve on fire, I felt alive as he touched me running his hands up and down my arms before slipping them under the fabric of my shirt.

I moaned into his mouth as his finger grazed over the hard bead of my nipple. He smiled into the kiss and in that moment my sexuality, my religion, even my parents didn’t matter. None of it did, I just leaned back and enjoyed what was happening.

But somehow I knew that nothing good like this could last. Something bad would have to happen to equal it all out. And somewhere even deeper in my heart I knew that God would ruin me for what I was doing. A betrayal unlike any other...

I had turned my back on all that I knew to face the unknown with a cross that hung permanently from my neck an emblazoned sign of my wrongness. It was heavy as it swung between us, but even heavier was the guilt of what I was doing.

Homosexuality, the ultimate sin...But it was irresistible.

Mason was irresistible.

He kissed me, and I kissed him back, and I wished, and prayed, that it could only be as simple as that.

But of course it couldn’t be...

“What the Hell are you doing!?” screamed a voice flinging the door to the room open. Music immediately filled my ears as the party from downstairs spilled into the room.

“Jared?” Mason questioned, although I could tell from his voice that he knew who it was. He shoved me away from him and stood up, putting his body in front of mine. A wall against whatever was to come.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing with that murderer!?” Jared cried stepping forward. From behind Mason I could see that his fists were clenched tightly the muscles in his arms straining.

He was going to punch me...or Mason if he got in the way.

“Just calm down Jared, let me explain” Mason stated calmly.

“Explain what Mason? You were kissing him, or did you forget what he did? Because last time I checked that guy right there, killed your boyfriend. He beat him to fucking death, he beat him so freaking bad that they had to identify him using blood samples because his face was unrecognizable” Jared spat as I cringed.

“I know” whispered Mason “But that Colin isn’t the same one that’s in this room”

“I don’t care who he is, he still killed my brother, and I intend to do the same to him” So that’s who he was. Matthew’s older brother. I saw him briefly at the trial, when he took the stand to testify. I remember he looked at me the whole time; I smirked at him pleased with myself and the pain I was causing. It was all a joke to me. I understand why he hates me so much now...I would probably hate me too.

“I can’t let you do that Jared” Mason stated flatly.

“Oh I see now, he’s got you tricked. You know he’s just going to play you right? That’s all you are to him, a game and when he gets bored he’ll throw you away. Oh he’ll make sure he uses you up first wouldn’t want you to walk away unscathed.” Jared mocked bitterly, each word dripping with venom.

“It’s not like that” I countered, standing up and pushing Mason to the side. “I don’t really care what you say about what I did. But when it comes to Mason I do give a shit, because I actually give a shit about him. I can’t tell you why I do, or how I went from being a homophobic bastard to a homosexual one, but I can tell you that I like him; And that I’m sorry that I can’t bring Matthew back, or that I killed him in the first place. I’m sorry I can’t go to prison for his death, or die in his place. I’m sorry that no matter how hard you hit me, or how many times, you’ll still be sad. I’m sorry I can’t fix any of that, or make anything better. And I’m sorry, so very sorry that I’m realizing only too late, that Matthew was someone who deserved to live, that he wasn’t just gay, but someone’s boyfriend, brother, and son, and more worthy of life than I will ever be” I stated. Mason seemed proud, but it seemed that nothing I said had reached Jared’s ears, or if it had it made little difference.

And I couldn’t really blame him for that.

“Well, I’m sorry too. I’m sorry that you are a misogynist bastard. And you are wrong, killing you will make me feel better, because then Matthew will be getting justice, and I won’t have to see your face anymore” Jared retorted as he manoeuvred around Mason and directly towards me his clenched fist finally hitting their desired mark.

The hit sent me reeling but no sooner had I fallen than Jared took his place on top of me his fists connecting with my jaw again and again sending pain directly through my body. I didn’t fight back but took each throw instead because Jared was right I deserved this. But Mason was not willing to let me reap my full punishment as he pulled Jared away from my bruised body, my split lip dribbling blood.

Jared took a swing at Mason, but Mason was quicker as he caught his punch and returned it with one of his own.

“Get out of my house Jared” He cried standing firmly as Jared, breathing heavily wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. His eyes still held contempt but he obeyed Mason’s order and left. But his retreating form hinted at a future engagement.

“I’m sorry about that” Mason said softly coming over to kneel in front of me. His hands probed tenderly at my face.

I winced while once again the door flew open. Mason whirled around obviously expecting Jared; ironically I kind of would have preferred Jared.

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?” screamed Joey with a smiling Chase behind him.

And this time when I groaned, it wasn’t because of the pain.