Chapter 24 - 1994, Twenty-One Years Ago

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

I'm hunting tonight, but not for a mark.

I'm barely jostled as I weave my way through the tight-knit crowd (vampire strength comes in handy when wading through moshing humans). There are a few other vampires here, but they are mostly hanging back from the mayhem, choosing to bob their heads to the music and smirk at the scene in front of them. Humans think they're so rebellious and brave, until faced with one of us.

Without trying to look like I'm searching for the devastatingly handsome stranger, I scan the room and my eyes eventually come to rest on the lead singer of the band. It's him. He's flogging along to the music, encouraged by the volume of the instruments and the roar of the room, but even in his state of anarchistic rage, he's stunning.

I easily push my way towards the front of the stage to see a row of women, all of them completely out of place in this bar, and all of them staring upwards at the object of their affection. Suddenly I feel utterly ridiculous. Of course this man has a bevy of women both vampire and human to choose from, so why did I ever think he was going to pay any type of attention to me?

I decide that I'll watch the show for about five minutes and then retreat back out into the night. That's when he looks up as if he heard my thoughts.

Gawd, he's got the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

His stare is so intense that it pulls you in, like a tractor beam. But the weird thing is, I could swear he's staring at me.

I look to my right and left to make sure that there isn't some other woman next to me that he's trying to make eyes at. On my right is a guy that stands at least two heads taller than me with enough metal in his face to be declared a construction site, and to my right is a mountain of a man standing stark still.

This exquisite vampire has fixed his eyes on mine and I am helpless. All I can do is stare back because I'm spellbound by the way he moves. His mouth twitches up at the side and he gives me a lopsided smile before turning his attention back on the crowd briefly, but then his eyes come back to mine.

For the next hour I continue to mix with the crowd and low and behold the lead singer's eyes follow me! When the set is done and everyone is cheering loudly, he thanks the crowd in a British accent that sounds like a cross between a Beatle and Keith Richards. 

As if he couldn't get more attractive.

He reaches over and stops the guitarist of the band before he can walk off stage and whispers something in his ear. The guitarist, who I'm honestly seeing for the first time all night, pulls away with a funny look and hands the singer his guitar.

The gorgeous vamp comes back to the mic slinging the instrument over his shoulder with a boyish grin out to the crowd. Everyone around me roars in response (well, it's probably most of the women in the bar letting out a collective orgasm, the dudes could care less at this point).

"Right." He says to the room, his eyes darting over to mine once again. "I'm gonna play something that will probably shock the lot of you. But I couldn't give a fuck if you like it or not. This, is for a very special lady."

Again a shared squeal erupts from the females in the front and he flashes them a cheeky grin to melt their panties.

When he begins strumming the bar falls completely silent, because the men have no idea what is going on, and the women are quietly praying the singer meant them. He's playing a song that could earn him a beating from the more angry guys in this crowd. It's a soft sweet melody that even I have to admit I like (though I don't think I would say it publicly). His voice almost perfectly matches the songwriter's doleful tone as he begins the lyrics to Wicked Games.

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you.
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you.
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you,

No, I wanna fall in love (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
With you (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
No, I... (this girl is only gonna break your heart)
(this girl is only gonna break your heart)

Nobody loves no one.

Then, his eyes find mine once more and we're deadlocked. Most of the men in the bar have abandoned the floor in search of alcohol while the women have crowded the front of the stage, but we could be completely alone for all he seems to care. When the final chords fade out, the singer hops down from the stage.

Oh shit, is he coming over here?

His confident gate is hypnotic. His crooked smile should be illegal. I feel as though my body and brain are being assaulted by hormones I didn't even know I had, but I can't look away.

Be cool. Just be cool. 

Fuck, who am I kidding? I've never been cool. 

This is going to be a disaster.

"I'm Christian." He says in a low, husky voice that scrambles my brain as he points towards the door. "Will you have a talk?"

Author's Note

If you'd like to hear the song and singer who inspired this chapter, I highly encourage you to watch this video: 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story Dark Angel!! I know you have a lot of great works on Wattpad to choose from and it means the world to me that you're here. If you like the story and want regular updates, you can follow me or add Dark Angel to your library/reading list.

Also, if you like what you're reading, then please don't forget to vote for this book by clicking on the star button.

Dark Angel 💀 {Erotic Vampire Adventure}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें