18 | Northern Star

She fixated her eyes at the twinkle of the luminous buildings far, far into the distance, her fingers dwindling on the cool metal railing that hit right above her waist.

" I've never wanted to be the "pretty" girl. I never craved admiration from passerby's wherever I crossed paths or felt the need to twirl my hair like one of those school girls chewing pink bubble gum with a boy clinging onto her like a basketball." She gave her infamous habitual eye roll with a hint of mock in her words.

"I never understood why people would want to act like one of the scripted characters in the movies." The accuracy in her ramblings formulated a chuckle in his throat, a few glimpses of acquaintances making their appearance in his mind. Maybe this is why he's never found an interest in anyone he's ever met, except her. Maybe it was because she was different. Maybe it's because she was real.

"If there was anything I wanted to be, I mean a person I truly, completely wanted to embody, it would be someone who radiates light. Not the girl who makes you turn heads or fall to your knees, but someone who makes you believe in miracles again. Someone who makes you wonder if this is what happiness feels like when you've forgotten." He stole a glance of a few strands of her hair dancing with a stroke of wind that came to say hello, his voice remaining silent as she simply blinked and breathed.

How he wanted to tell her that she wasn't merely light, not to him. How he wanted to tell her that she was his Northern Star.