Red dawn.

So, I was watching Red Dawn (2012) and I was thinking, what if Jed and Matt Eckert had a little sister? Disclaimer: I do not own any characters other than the sister. Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________

You can hear the audiences cheer as the Wolverines were playing. Sweating football players were slamming on each other and you can hear the cheerleaders cheering for their home team. It was 17 to 14 for the other team, Far off, you can see a police man watching his son playing on the field. There joined another man, it was his oldest son. 

"How's he doing?" the older son, known as Jed Eckert, asked his father. The father glanced at him and nodded at the scoreboard. The two men turned around as they heard footsteps walking towards them.

"Hi Dad. Hi Jed!" greeted Ella. Jed analyzed his sister. She was the exact replica as their mother. She had the same black wavy hair as her, the same personality and caring as their mother. The only thing she got from their father was his piercing blue eyes. Jed also compared Matt and himself. Matt had all the features of their mother and he got all the features of their father. Looking back to the field, he saw that the wolverines were losing and he walked away.

"Where ya going, Jed?" Ella called out. He stopped and turned around. "I'm going home to put my stuff away. You wanna come?" He answered back. Ella nodded and quickly said bye to their father and followed her older brother. They both got into the car and Jed started driving towards their home. They caught up and Ella explained to him on what he missed out. He misses these sibling bonding time and completely regrets on leaving their side. 

"How was the army?" Ella asked as she was helping up all his bags in the house.

"It was alright, I guess." He simply answered. "How's Matty doing?"

He saw her hesitate a bit. "He's distant now" She looked at the ground." We hardly talk...It's probably because I look like mom." He hugged her, "He's going to come around. You want to go to the bar?" He felt her nod and they got in the car once again.

Once they got in the car, Jed went to the bar and Ella went to talk to some of her friends. As she walked towards her friends, she noticed someone familiar. "Toni!" she called out and the older woman turned around and gave her a big smile. "Ella! How are you doing?" She asked as she walked closer. 

"I'm great! How are you?"

"Great! How's Jed? I haven't seen him for a long time."

"He's fine, I guess. He's here you know. At the bar." Toni looked over to the bar. "Go talk to him!" Ella pushed Toni towards him and left. She walked towards her friends and greeted them.

"Hey!"

Matt and his girlfriend, Erika, entered the bar. "Toni!" She called  out. "We're right here!" Toni gave her a nod and a smile. She gave Jed a smile and goodbye and joined Matt and Erika. Ella left her friends and joined her brother. 

"It's good to be back, huh?" She asked while staring at Matt, who awkwardly looked away.

"Yeah, like old times. Shouldn't you be with your friends?"

"Nah, they're drunk. And you know me, I don't hang with drunkards." Jed chuckles and smiled at her.

"You know, I missed you, Jed. I know Matt misses you too, he just doesn't show it." Before he can reply, the power went off. "What's going on?" Ella asked Jed. "Come on, let's go home," They both went home at the same time as their father was packing his stuff. Jed grabbed a case of beer and sat down on the porch while Ella laid down on the grass. 

"I wish you had told us you were coming." Ella heard her dad say. "I still can't find the extra sheets for the foldout. I've looked everywhere-"

"Dad, don't worry about it." Jed interrupted "The couch is fine."

They saw a blue car stopped infront of the house. They could hear the I love yous exchanged between Matt and Erika as he went to kiss her. Matt looked at Ella then at Matt. Then turned to look at his dad.

" See you guys." The policeman bade them a goodbye as he walk towards his police car. Matt walked to him. As the police was opening his trunk, he said, "Got blackout duty. Got to go rein in the crazies." Matt ignored what he said. 

"So, you saw the game?"

"Yes, sir. I saw it all. I'm proud of you. You played your hardest and that's what matters. They're lucky to have you. Later." He got into his car and pulled out of the drive way. Matt smiled at him and went in his house without saying anything to his siblings. Jed and Ella gave eachother a knowing look and went inside the house as well and sat on the dinning table.

"Want a beer?" Jed asked, trying to break the ice. Matt ignored him.

"Hey,Matty. What are you doing?" Ella asked.

Matt looked at her and lifted the bottle of milk. "I'm getting a drink."

"Okay, you got a drink. Close the door, the power's out." Jed said while staring at his little brother.

"Lighten up, man." He said as he closes the fridge door. " Hey don't you have to secure the perimeter or something? A rendez-vous with douche company?"

Ella looked at her older brother and saw hurt in his eyes. She decided to speak up. "What the hell is wrong with you, Matthew?" Matt looked at his younger sibling in shock. It was her first time in many years to call him with his full name.

"Jed just came back from the army after so many years. I know he left without a goodbye but still, he came back. You don't have the right to shut us out of your life because we are siblings, you can't break the link between us. How come you still talk to dad after what he done to us? What have I done to you for you to act this way towards me! I want my caring and fun older brother back!" Ella screamed at him, getting rid of all her frustration towards the middle child. She took a deep breath and started at Matt, "Get your shit together or you'll loose us like we lost mom." She wiped her tears and ran out the door. Jed looked at Matt with pure disappointement and called out for Ella. He went out and saw Ella sitting down on the bed of his truck.

"Leave me alone, Jed." Respecting her privacy, he kissed her on the forehead and bade her goodnight and went back inside the house.