Falling For A Criminal - Chapter One*

Start from the beginning

Haydn must have noticed the accusing tone in my voice because after he placed his hand on his heart—if he had one—he shook his head and looked away from me. “I'm hurt that you think so little of me.”

“I'm just working with what you give me.”

“If that were true, we'd be naked and our privates would be touching.”

Knowing I wasn't going to win this argument, I grabbed my phone off of the dresser and dialed 9-1-1. I guess he knew what I was doing because he quickly stood up and snatched the phone right out of my hands. It took everything in me not to yell at him, and much to my surprise, I was successful.

That is, until he closed it and threw it across the room. “Dude! What the hell?!”

“Shh, you don't want to wake daddy, do you?”

Clenching my fists at my sides, I lifted my right hand and went in for a punch—which resulted in me getting thrown over his shoulder and onto the bed. “Damn it, Haydn, get the hell out of my room. You broke in, and now I'm almost certain this counts as sexual harassment!”

As if it were the only thing he knew how to do, he shrugged again and turned off the lamp; leaving us in the dark room. The heat of his torso was radiating down onto my own and I could feel my face turning red from how close he was—and how provocatively we were lying down. He didn't seem to notice because he didn't say anything, but I could practically imagine him grinning like a mad scientist. I wasn't flustered out of sexual frustration, far from, I was flustered out of regular frustration! How many other girls had he done this to? And why was I being added onto the list?

He knew he was making me uncomfortable, and me just sitting here and taking it wasn't making that any better. He'd go around telling people that I was weak and getting me to do what he wanted was as easy as pie—though making pie has to be one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. With all the crust and everything, it's just so difficult... But that's not the point! I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he got me to lie down without so much as a challenge. “Get the hell off of me, Haydn.”

“Aw, and here I was believing you and I were having an amazing time.” Sarcasm all but dripped off of his voice, and my first reaction was to push him off of the bed. Of course, with all the muscle he had, it'd make a loud noise and I wasn't really in the mood to get caught with a sexy, shirtless boy in my room. Yes, I said sexy; I'm not going to deny it. He had a pretty pair of hazel, almost gold eyes, soft brown hair and a body that most girls—most, not all—were head over heals in love with. He still wasn't my type though. He was a cocky, conceited womanizer who was always running away from the cops. That's not necessarily the kind of person you want to bring home for your parents to meet—though he'd probably just break in and meet them anyway.

Still, pushing him off of me anyway, I turned my lamp back on and saw that he was staring at me with an annoyed expression on his face. “Why can't you be easy like the rest of the girls?”

Scrunching up my face in disgust, I shook my head and tied my hair into a messy ponytail. “Because unlike the girls you go after, I have respect for my body. And besides,” once my hair was tied up, I turned my body to face him, and gave him the best poker face I could muster up, “I really don't feel like sleeping with someone who probably has a few memorieson his littlefriend.

Actually seeming kind of shocked, he rolled his eyes and stood up off of the bed. “For starters, I'm as clean as a whistle; there's not a single STD on me. Secondly, my friend, as you put it, isn't little. As you can see, there isn't anything little about me.” Flexing, gave me a cocky grin before continuing with his lecture. “And all this talk about self respect is bull. You and I both know that there's a part of you that's just dying to come out.”