Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Seventeen

With my body shooting upright, I breathed out a few deep breaths and looked around, finding myself once again in Haydn's room. Everything that had just happened—if it happened at all—felt so real, but looking down at my body and realizing that I was still a sweaty, hung-over mess, I knew that none of what I just saw was real. Of course, that didn't give me a reason not to be completely freaked out and headache-ridden.

Much to my surprise, Chase heard me wake up because he quickly ran into the room and looked at me as if he had seen a ghost. Sure, my hair was a mess and I probably had sweat through my shirt, but that didn't mean he had to look at me like that. I was already a self-conscious mess as it was!

“Are you OK, Adri?”

I simply nodded, not really sure how I was supposed to answer. “Fine. . . Just had a bad dream, I guess.”

“Anything you want to talk about?”

Shaking my head as an answer, I threw the blanket off of my body and looked down to find the spot where I had been laying completely soaked in sweat. It was gross to say the least, but I wouldn't bring it up, I just had to make sure I changed the sheets before Haydn came back. It only made sense considering this was his side of the bed anyway.

I hadn't even realized that Chase was still standing in the doorway until he cleared his throat and gave me a small grin. My initial intention had been to question him, but when I looked down at what he was looking at, I understood right away why he was laughing. 'How the hell did I forget to put my bra on last night?!' Quickly bringing my arms up to my chest in attempt to cover myself, I felt my face heat up and I turned my back to him. “You know, giving me my bra wouldn't have been an all that bad idea.”

He put his hands up as if to defend himself and shook his head, still laughing. “Hey, I'm not the one who said have steamy dreams that make you sweat through your clothes.”

“I didn't!” Just as our 'argument' began to progress, someone else walked in through the door and we both looked up to see Haydn staring at us with a bored expression on his face. As if out of instinct, I remembered everything that he had said to me last night, and anger filled my body. I didn't let it show of course, but I didn't really acknowledge his presence either.

Chase noticed what was going on because he tried his hardest to get Haydn's attention off of me and onto something else. “Hey, bro, what brings you into the bedroom?”

Haydn rolled his eyes and averted his attention to me; completely ignoring Chase's attempts to get rid of some of the tension in the room. “Get dressed, Adri, we're going out.”

“I'm not going anywhere with you.”

Both Chase and Haydn looked at me with confused looks on their faces, but it didn't really change my decision. As if I had been completely sober yesterday during our argument, everything that Haydn said to me came back to me and I couldn't help but let my anger continue to flow through my veins. Of course, Haydn didn't think he did anything wrong so me being angry must have appeared to be just a random mood swing in his eyes.

Just by looking in Chase's eyes though, I knew that he knew I was pissed, and he did a good job at hiding it for me. Haydn on the other hand didn't really give a damn that I was upset because he simply rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for me to explain my sudden anger. When I didn't say anything, he rolled his eyes and blew out a sigh. “You know, right now isn't the smartest time to be throwing random mood swings. Just go take a shower so we can go out, and—”

“—I already told you that I'm not going anywhere with you.”

The tension got even thicker—if that was possible—and Haydn looked at me with a glare on his face. “Why are you being so damn complicated all of a sudden? What, you have one night drinking booze with my idiot brother and you think that you're the shit?”