nine

"madison's coming over in a few minutes." johnson explained to gilinsky after reading the text she sent to him.

jack hummed in a agreement, running his fingers through his hair whilst he checked himself out in the mirror. 

"getting pretty for girlfriend?" johnson sang, teasing jack with a smirk. 

jack scowled, turning around. he rolled his eyes. "no. my girlfriend, kennadi, is a photoshoot right now."

johnson opened his mouth to speak but a knock from their door interrupted him. he closed his mouth, smirking as he went to answer it. "welcome ms. beer to casa de jacks." he said as he welcomed madison in.

"i dont even think that's right." jack commented, furrowing his eyebrows.

johnson shrugged, "i failed spanish." 

madison giggled as she looked around the boy's apartment. it was fairly neat to say that two teenage boys lived here. she stopped when her eyes landed on jack. jack caught her gaze, sending a smile her way. 

"woohoo! the party's officially here!" sammy burst through the doors with nate trailing behind him. jack rolled his eyes once seeing them. 

"who are they?" madison asked, looking at johnson. 

"that's dickhead number one," he pointed to sammy. "and dickhead number two." he then switched his finger towards nate. 

"actually, sweetheart, i'm sam." he smiled smugly at her. "and this is my boy nate. he's not into girls." 

"man, shut up." nate smacked his lips, shoving sammy's shoulder. "i dated g's girl didn't i?"

"can we not bring my girlfriend into this?" jack spat. 

sammy raised his eyebrows amusingly, "oh, did you not tell your little crush about your girlfriend?" he gestured towards madison with his thumb. 

madison knitted her eyebrows together as she looked back and forth between sammy and jack. jack's cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. he rolled his eyes, walking away from the group. 

madison did think jack was cute and she already knew he had a girlfriend. she ended up stalking his social medias a few nights ago and saw all their pictures together.

"well lets get started shall we?" johnson rubbed his hands together, directing his question towards the young girl. 

-

"she's kinda hot." sammy whispered to the boys, shrugging. they were talking about madison after she dismissed herself to go use the restroom. they were all lounging around in the studio room while the jack's and madison worked on the song together.

"does kennadi know she's here?" nate asked, blowing the smoke from his joint he had recently rolled. 

jack shook her head, "i haven't been able to talk to her much today. she's been at a photoshoot and class all day." 

"the queen has arrived!" they heard a new voice emerge from the distance after jack spoke. 

"speak of the devil." nate muttered. 

"jack?!" kennadi's voice called. 

"in here!" jack answered to her call. 

a few seconds later, kennadi stood in the door way. her eyes widened at all the boys in the room. "full house, huh?" she scanned around, she stopped once she saw him. "hey nate." 

"hey lil mama." he leaned back in his seat, smirking towards her. "it's been a while... you look good."

"watch it." jack snapped his heard towards the stoner. 

"but g, don't you have m-"

kennadi's head snapped towards the sound of foreign footsteps getting closer to the room. madison stopped when she saw kennadi staring with furrowed eyebrows. she instantly recognized her from jack's instagram pictures. 

kennadi looked her up and down. "who are you?"

"oh," madison walked closer to her with an outstretched hand. "i'm madison beer."

kennadi watched her, skeptically before shaking her hand. "nice to meet you.."

"you're...?" madison raised her eyebrow slightly.

kennadi's eyebrows shot up as she folded her arms across her chest. "the best thing that's ever happened to gilinsky."

jack internally face palmed his self, watching the whole thing go down. 

"actually," sammy spoke up. "the best thing to ever happen to jack was that camp. right now he could still be ugly." 

"dude, just shut up." jack closed his eyes, groaning. 

kennadi narrowed her eyes towards sammy who raised his hands up in defense as nate chuckled next to him. 

"whatever. jack, i'll be in your room doing homework." she muttered, grabbing her backpack. 

"oh, are you still in high school too?" madison asked a little too enthusiastically.

"no sweetie. i'm almost finished with my first year in college." she countered with a slight of stank face. 

"oh." madison's face slightly fell from embarrassment. 

sammy placed his fist to his lips as he snickered, his shoulders going up and down trying not to laugh too hard or too loud. 

"jack," kennadi looked over madison's shoulder at him. "see me when you're done."

jack pressed his lips together, nodding. kennadi gave madison one last look before making her way to jack's room. 

"someone's in the dog house." nate chuckled, taking another drag. he and sammy laughed as they passed the blunt to each other. 

jack looked over at madison who returned the look. she gave him a close lipped smile as she saw back next to him. 

"sorry about her." he whispered to her so the other boys wouldn't hear.

she shrugged with a small smile. "it's okay. i get it." she nodded. "i would be protective over you too."

jack broke out into a small laugh making madison laugh along as well, even though nothing was funny. 

johnson shook his head after watching the two and went back to writing his rhymes for his verse in madison's song.