four

"were you a good girl for daddy?" 

kennadi blinked, staring at johnson. "huh?"

"i asked if you wanted a muffin?" the blonde furrowed his eyebrows, repeating himself. 

kennadi shook her head to snap herself back into reality.  "oh-"

"johnson, leave kennadi alone. i heard what you said." jack scolded from across the room. 

johnson snickered, raising his hands up in defense. "my bad. not my fault i heard you tell her that as i walked past your room. ya'll are freaks."

kennadi's cheeks turned a deep red as she narrowed her eyes. "remind me to tell alyssa how much of a perv you are."

kennadi watched johnson's face drop as she mentioned alyssa's name. she knew he missed alyssa a lot, and alyssa missed him... even though she had a boyfriend of her own now.

johnson coughed, clearing his throat. "how is alyssa? i haven't talked to her in a while. is she okay?"

kennadi nodded, "she's fine, j. she misses you."

"then how come she won't return any of my calls? texts?" johnson glared at kennadi. 

her throat went dry as the blonde demanded answers. she wanted to tell him the truth, but she couldn't afford to break his heart. 

"aye, j, ease up on her," jack snaked his arm around kennadi's shoulders, startling her. "i'm sure alyssa will call soon, she's knee deep in geniuses right now."

johnson sighed, "yeah you're right. kennadi, i'm sorry. i've been just a little stressed lately." 

"it's okay." kennadi nodded. "she will call soon, jack."

"yeah, hopefully."  johnson muttered and grabbed a water bottle, walking away. 

kennadi took a deep breath as she spun around in the chair stool to face her boyfriend who was behind her. "i just feel so bad." she sighed. 

"yeah, i know baby, but don't beat yourself over it." jack whispered, kissing her forehead. 

"she has a boyfriend." kennadi confessed. 

jack's eyes widened. "what? are you serious?" 

his girlfriend nodded, "yeah. she told me a week ago. they've been dating for like a month or two now. i forgot his name."

jack exhaled, running his fingers through hair. "this is going to kill j."

"i know," kennadi groaned. "that's why i- we can't tell him. alyssa will have to tell him herself." 

-

johnson sat in his room, staring at the phone in his hand the only source of light in the room. he sighed and pressed alyssa's name under his call list, putting the phone to his ear. 

rings and rings go by.

"hey it's alyssa, sorry i can't get to the phone! leave a message, bye!" a voicemail johson has heard many times.  

after the beep, johnson started talking. "hey alyssa, it's me again... of course you already know." he winced at his own rambling. "look, i really miss you, lyss and i just wanna know how you've been. call me back whenever i guess." he mumbled the last part before hanging up. 

johnson hated that she was gone. he missed her a lot. he was starting to miss high school when all the moments he hung out with alyssa. 

he stared down at his lock screen which was a picture of him and alyssa before they left for prom. he glanced down at the screen for a few more minutes before chucking the phone. the thud let johnson know his phone had hit the wall. he groaned, flopping back onto his bed. 

-------------------------------------

aw poor j's in love and is hurting :((

in case you forgot, alyssa is played by that queen up there ^

also, you can kinda tell that this book is going to have more problems than just jack and kennadi as you can see with jack and alyssa. 

~king kacey