"I doubt that," Elliott said calmly, glancing at me.

"It's true!" Amanda protested.

"No, it's not," I said, finally speaking up. I opened my car door and they stepped back, then I got out of my car. "You ignored the sign and almost caused a crash."

She glared at me again, then looked up at Elliott. "Don't listen to her, Ell-ell!"

"Stop calling me that," Elliott said fiercely. He turned to me. "You're sure your okay?"

I nodded and Amanda finally let go of Elliott. "Do you two know each other?"

She was just catching on now?

Elliott and I stared at each other for a long moment, for what seemed to be like hours. He finally said, "Yes, Amanda. We know each other."

Amanda stopped her foot down on the asphalt. "And who is she?" She demanded.

I tensed, wondering if he was going to tell her the truth. Elliott sighed, and took a step closer to me. He wrapped his arms around me, but I didn't return the gesture. I stood there, arms by my side, trying not to cry.

"She's my girlfriend."

I gasped quietly into his chest, widening my eyes. Was he seriously telling her?

"What?!" Amanda screamed. "You're cheating on me?!"

Elliott finally turned to her, outraged. "Cheating on you? Amanda, you cheated on me. We're over! We've been over! Get that through your head!" he shouted.

Amanda stepped back, clearly close to tears. "She means more to you than me, huh?"

His arms tightened around me. I closed my eyes and let the tears escape. I finally realized what Elliott was feeling. When I was around Hunter, he got the same feeling I did when he was around Amanda. I was jealous and possessive, and so was he. I felt so stupid, and wanted to try and make everything better.

"She does," he answered. I moved my arms around him and held him close. Amanda gave a shriek of frustration and stomped away. I felt Elliott look down at me, but I kept my face buried in his chest. "Avery."

I opened my eyes a little and looked up at him. "I'm sorry."

Even though we were in public, and outside where the world could see us, he leaned down and kissed my lips softly. I returned the kiss, then rested my head on his chest again. "I'm sorry, too."

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you, too."

We both looked over at Amanda as she slammed the door to her car and sped down the street. "Is that going to be a problem later?" I asked.

"I don't know," he replied. "But I think so."

I stepped away from him and crossed my arms over my chest. "Then why'd you tell her?"

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "Because you're worth the risk, Avery. And I know how she makes you feel when she's around me."

My whole body shook and my heart beat faster. "I'm sorry about Hunter," I finally said. "I know how he makes you feel and I'm so sorry."

He brought me back into his arms and kissed my head. "It's okay. I forgive you."

I sniffled and wiped the tear stains from my cheeks, then smiled at him. "Can we still have our lunch date?"

He smiled, then finally laughed. I laughed with him. "Of course we can."

We both got into my car and I turned around, driving back to his house. A thought struck me that this was our first fight, and we'd made up fifteen minutes later. I just hoped it didn't happen again.

We both got out of the car and he draped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close. I hugged his stomach and walked with him back inside his house. We continued on with our lunch date, laughing and making jokes like nothing had happened. Not once did we bring up Amanda or Hunter, which I didn't mind not one bit.

My phone rang from inside my pocket, and I went to dig it out. Instead of digging out my phone from the first pocket, it was the small box Hunter had given me. I ignored it and stuffed it inside my jacket pocket. When I finally found my phone, I answered it, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"I know your secret," a voice said. I stiffened, widening my eyes. Chills went down my back. They hung up, leaving the creepy phone sound echoing in my ear.

"Who is this?" I asked, shaking. But it was no use. They were long gone. I looked at the caller ID. It was from a restricted number, and I didn't recognize the voice. Elliott looked at me with a concerned look.

"Who was it?" he asked.

"I don't know," I whispered. I turned to him, wide-eyed. "But they know our secret."