Technology

As our planet moves toward an ever more digital age, technology becomes ever more present in our daily lives. To the phones we carry around in our pockets or purses to the computers that lie at home. Even some of our most classic appliances like the refrigerator, washing machine, or dryer are becoming embedded with new technology, making them, in a way, "smarter". All of this is done with the intention of making our lives easier to live. However, while they make doing things more convenient for us technology is also creating a rift. 

As I walk around, I see less face to face interactions than usual as people are busy texting their friend who happens to be sitting right next to them. To see this, saddens me. While technology has connected us with those across the world, it is slowly eating away at our personal interactions with people. I fear that eventually those personal interactions will be lost in the years to come as our world moves, ever so quickly, towards an age where everything is digital and more convenient. 

Is it possible that we may even lose the ability to speak with real words as we replace them with typed ones? I do not know what will come in the following decades, however, I do know that at the current rate we are going surely the rift will continue to grow as people find it more convenient to message or text others rather than speaking to them face to face. I am only to hope that there will still be people out their willing to speak with each other like the times of old.