O N E

"I hadn't done any of the things that I normally did with girls, yet somehow I'd fallen in love."

- Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember

~ *

Edmund White's:

10 years ago,

My fascination with Tracey Morgan started on the first day of freshman year, during biology class.

I was running late for my first ever freshman class because Damian and I decided to displace our freshman jitters on playing GTA V. It was already 2:30 am when we decided we had enough.

So, Damian went home while I went to bed really tired but, I hardly slept.

I think it was about 5 am when my eyes started to flutter so, I closed my for a moment because they were exhausted from staring on the computer screen for too long then, the next thing I knew, it was already 7 am so I jolted awake.

Pro tip:  Don't be late for the first day of school. Your goal is to be invisible and getting on the teacher's bad side on the first day of school will not help you be invisible.

I jumped out of my bed and hurriedly grabbed my towel and took a bath though, I think I just sprinkled myself some water. When I was finished drying myself, I wore the first thing I saw on my closet. My parents already went to work so I don't need to say goodbye to anyone thus, saving me more time.

I rushed downstairs and closed the door behind me. I was about to sprint to my car when the floormat that says "WELCOME" caught on my feet. Good thing I managed to hold on to the porch's railings therefore saving me from a time-consuming pain-wailing.

I rode my car and floored it until I reached school.

It would be an understatement to say that I am so proud of myself because I managed to reach school in one piece. For a second, I thought I was going to die that I had a mini heart attack because of that putrid truck driver who can't decide if he's going to overtake or not.

He almost crushed my car and turned me into a human sardine.

When I arrived at the entrance, I noticed that most of the classes had already began so, walked briskly until I reached my designated room. My biology class was already starting and I had no choice but to think of a plan to  silently slip in like I was there the whole time.

I scanned the whole room from where I was. I was in luch because the last empty chair was at the back row, beside a raven-haired girl wearing a leather jacket who was reading a Star Wars comic behind her biology book.

So, when the time finally came for me to apply my ninja skills because the teacher was jotting down something on the board, I carefully slid myself into the door and silently sat beside the girl with the Star Wars comic.

When the girl noticed some movement from her peripheral view, she faced me and gave me a nod then, she went back to reading her comic like I did not exist.

The teacher is going to be so pissed when she noticed this girl was not paying attention to her lecture.

When the teacher faced the class again, she stared at my direction and then I knew that I was more roasted than a turkey for Thanksgiving. The teacher cleared her throat and I don't know if I should stand up to apologize or apologize while my ass remained sitted. As I was slowly raise my butt from the chair, the teacher spoke and I realized that she was not looking at me.