Falling Out

"I changed?" she said rather loudly. "You were a Titan! And then you weren't! And then you died, and now you look like a... washed-up, homeless Aquaman!"

"Yeah, sorry about all that... Titan business," Luke said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry?" Uh oh. "You damn near ended the world, killed our parents, and betrayed us all! And let's not even mention the confusing Hell you put me through!" This isn't going as smoothly as I'd've hoped... "Why did you even go to their side in the first place?"

"Well, you see," Luke said, stuttering and stumbling over his words due to his shock at her outburst. "The Crooked One has a way with words and-"

"Oh, calling him his titles, now? Why not just say his name? Are you all buddy-buddy enough to use his nickname?"

"You know there's power in names," he said softly.

"Fear of the name increases fear of the thing, itself."

"You didn't know him like I did. What he could do to you. What he could give, or take away. I couldn't sleep many nights because of what he'd say or show me."

"Oh, boo-hoo. You had some bad dreams. I ALMOST DIED! MULTIPLE TIMES!"

"You know... You know our dreams are worst than most." Luke's voice was very quiet.

"You deserved them. You deserved the Fields of Punishment."

"You... You don't mean that..." There was a small tear in Luke's eye, and he was grateful for the semi-darkness.

"You're right... You deserved the Pit."

"Annabeth..."

"No. Don't. Just... go away." She turned away from him.

"I... Okay..."

Luke turned away and walked to the Morpheus cabin. He still wasn't too tired, but he wanted peace and quiet. He laid and stared at the ceiling for hours, so lost in thought he hadn't noticed the silent tears dripping from his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ouch.
At least there was a HP reference?
Only 3 more chapters after this one... be prepared...
~LotP