Forgiveness

Hours passed as Vincent socialized with Sara in the living room. But to Vincent's surprise, Sara acted like the incident outside never happened. He felt guilty about it, but didn't understand why Sara didn't fear him, or even hated him.

As the hours passed by, he started to notice that little things about Sara that he never even noticed before. Her soft and kind tone in her voice and the gentle, warm look in her beautiful eyes. 

Why am I noticing these things... why haven't I noticed them earlier...  Vincent thought to himself as he stared at Sara while she was chatting with him. 

"Vincent...?" Sara's  voice broke through his thoughts and quickly caught his attention. "I haven't told anyone." She raised her pinkie finger, smiling. Vincent was shocked that he forgotten about the promise he made with her, but smiled that she kept his secret. "You...kept our promise...?" Vincent spoke softly. She smiled and giggled softly, " We Rivers always keep our word, no matter what." Vincent couldn't help but smile, she smiled back in response. Sara picked up her phone as it rang and answered it. "I must get going." She sighed. "Ill visit again sometime, if that's okay with you, Vincent." "Its fine. I'll be waiting." He chuckled. 

As Sara left and closed the front door, Temmie appeared out of nowhere and gripped onto Vincent's leg. Vincent flinched at Temmie's sudden appearance. "Dont go bad again, please? Please no more bad Vinny."

Vincent looked at Temmie, remembering what he almost did to Temmie with his pocket knife. "I-Im sorry kiddo.... It wont happen again... I promise..." Temmie looked at Vincent, smiling with those big gleaming emerald eyes. Vincent's smiled back seeing trust and forgiveness those eyes. He sighed and looked at the time. It was nearly night time.Vincent was shocked the amount of time that went by. The chat with Sara felt like minutes, but it was turned into hours. Temmie looked at Vincent, curious. "Did vist go well with you and Sara?"
Vincent looked at Temmie smiling lightly. "Yeah... It went well."

Vincent tucked Temmie to bed and headed down to his bedroom. He didn't bother to take a shower, his mind was cluttered with questions.

How did I overlooked those details about her?! Why haven't I noticed them earlier, even we first met?! She's too sweet, too kind, too pure, too...

Forgiving... Why?

Vincent thought to himself as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/N
Sorry for not updating in a while school work is starting to pile up and I'm working other stories that will soon be published and please forgive me for this chapter to be so short. I had to post something to show that haven't forgotten about the story. Please let me know if you all enjoy the story so far. It really helps! Enjoy your day until the next update! See you all later!