Warm Hearts and Music Keys

Temmie waited at the front door for Vincent to put on his jacket. Vincent put on his jacket and sighed when he looked at the mirror. "You ready Temmie?" He looked at Temmie. Temmie nodded, "Temmie is ready." Vincent grabbed his keys and wallet, and opened the door. Temmie walked up ahead while Vincent locked the door. He caught up to Temmie and unlocked the car. Temmie got in the passager's seat, strapped on the buckle, and looked at the inside of the car. Vincent got in the driver's seat, place in his buckle, turned on the engine, pulled out of the driveway and began driving to the hospital.

They arrived at the hospital and are about to check in with the nurse as the front desk. "Hello, what can I do for you today?" The nurse looked at Vincent while stacking papers. "Im here to see S-... Sara River," Vincent nervously replied. The nurse nodded, "I'll let the doctor know you are here to vist her, please take a seat over there." Vincent nodded and sat down on one of the chairs. "Vinny... Temmie don't like hospital..." Temmie spoke nervously. "I know that feeling kid." Vincent sighed closing his eyes. Few minutes have passed and the nurse came up to Vincent. "The doctor would like to see you before you see Ms. River, Sir." Vincent looked at Temmie then at the nurse, "Alright." Vincent got out of his chair and Temmie stayed close behind him. The nurse guided them through the halls and made it to their destination beside Sara's room. "The doctor will call you when he is ready, but the child must come with me." Temmie looked at Vincent. Vincent kneeled down and placed his hands in Temmie's shoulders."Temmie go with her." Temmie frowned,"But Temmie wanna see Sara!" Vincent sighed,"I know, I know. But I think it's best for the both of us." Temmie frowned but sighed with defeat. "Okay. Temmie will go with nurse lady..." The nurse took hold of Temmie's small left hand and guided Temmie out of the hallway. Vincent watched Temmie and the nurse leave. He looked down at his hands, shaking. He tried to control his breathing, feeling his heart racing inside. The doctor opened the door, startling Vincent. "Please come in, you are the one who requested to see Ms. River?" The doctor spoke while looking down, flipping through his clipboard. "Oh, umm... yes I came to see her."Vincent replied walking in Sara's room, closing the door behind him. "Ms. River isnt here at the moment, she is getting her hourly treatment right now." The doctor looked up at Vincent, his expression changed dramatically. "Y-you're Mr. Bishop, correct?" "Yes, and... how do you know my name..?" Vincent looked at him. The doctor sighed. "Ms. River had suffered a head injury on the front of her forehead. She was loosing a lot of blood on her head, luckily she survived, but...." The doctor paused. "But what, Doc?" Vincent questioned, a bit aggressively. "She is suffering from memory loss. We went through multiple exercise: she remembers her family, her birthplace and date-" "But what about here?!" Vincent demanded. "N-nothing. She doesn't remember anything after they moved here, her brother gave us pictures of you and his friends to try and help her remember. But... nothing she doesnt remember you or any of them. Her brother tried to her that she knew you all for 3 years. He tried to convince her, but no results came after that..." Vincent felt dead inside, his hand started to shake lightly. "S-she doesn't remember....not even the slightest w-who I am?" The doctor sighed. "She doesn't recognize or remember you, Mr. Bishop..." Vincent tries to control his breathing, while clutching his fists. "She is having trouble communicating and interacting with us, maybe you can try and help her." The doctor suggested. Vincent sighed, nodded. "S-sure." The doctor looked at the clock on the wall. "Her treatment is almost done, I'll go fetch her." The doctor walked out of the room, leaving Vincent alone in the quiet room. Vincent sat down on the bed hunched over, rubbing his eyes with his hands, then ran his fingers through his hair. He sighed, closing his eyes. "What have I done..." He whipsered with regret and sorrow. He looked at the door when he heard the door knob turn. The doctor opened the door and behind him was a beautiful young girl, her sea-blue eyes were filled with hesitation, her brown, wavy hair was loose, below her shoulder blades. "Sara, this is Vincent." Sara looked at Vincent, blushed ,and then hides behind the doctor. The doctor chuckled,"Don't be scared Sara, he is just here to vist. I have to finish up some work. Why don't you stay here and get to know Vincent, when I come back we can finish up training for today. Is that okay?" Sara nodded silently, while looking at the floor. The doctor smiled while guiding Sara towards Vincent. "I'll be back in a few minutes." The doctor smiled, opening and closing the doof behind him, leaving Vincent and Sara alone. Vincent stared at Sara. "H-hi Sara... my name is Vincent" Sara looked at Vincent with a shy look on her face. "Can you say my name?" "V-vi-vin-v..." She tried to pronounce his name. "You know what, just call me Vinny for short." Vincent suggested. "V-vi-vin-ny...?" She looked at Vincent. Vincent smiled. "Yeah, Vinny." Sara smiled sweetly causing a faint blush appear on Vincent's cheeks. Sara noticed a ring of keys on Vincent's waist. She started at the keys and pointed at them curiosity. "Oh, these?" Vincent looked at the ring of keys. He took them off his waist and showed Sara. "These are keys." Sara tilted her head to the side. "K-k-eys?" "Yeah, they are used to lock, and open things." He gave the ring of keys to Sara. "Here." Sara held the keys in her hand and looked at them. She picked out a simple key from the rest of them then placed the front of the key on Vincent's chest. Vincent smiled and blushed a bit. Sara smiled and seemed to like the key. Vincent chuckled and sighed. Sara noticed Vincent's foot tapping on the floor and pointed at his foot. Vincent stopped tapping his foot, "Huh, oh umm..." His face was red in embarrassment. "Hey, umm Sara... can you keep a secret... for me?
Sara looked at Vincent confused, but nods. "My foot taps on the floor... because... because... I... play a piano." "Pi-ano?" "Yeah, I play a piano and my foot does that because of the pedals of the piano. Please don't tell anyone." Vincent let his foot tap the ground again, his face was hot from embarrassment. Sara smiled and began to hum. Vincent looked at Sara a bit surprised then smiled realizing  his foot was the quiet tempo and her voice was the sweet melody. He listened to Sara's sweet, melodic voice while his foot tapped the floor. The sound of door knob turning broke the melody and sorta startling the two. The doctor opened the door and smiled "Sara, its time to finish up your training treatment." Sara looked back at the doctor and smiled "O-okay," then looked at Vincent. "Oh, wait." Vincent grabbed the ring of keys and took out the key that Sara liked, grabbed her hand and placed the key in it and closes her hand. "Here... take it.. as a gift... to remember me..." He smiled looking at Sara. Sara smiled, her sea-blue eyes, gleaming. She leaned over to Vincent and gave him a kiss on his cheek, then went over the doctor holding the key. She raised her pinkie finger, telling Vincent she promises she won't tell anyone about his secret, then waved goodbye, as the doctor closed the door behind her. Vincent's face was flushed into a red color. He placed his hand on the cheek Sara's kissed him. He smiled, got off the bed and opened the door, heading over to the front office where Temmie waited for him.