Chapter XV: Is It Serious This Time?

I had her pushed against the wall and we were kissing very slowly, yet very passionately. Before I could think anything through, I found myself taking her cardigan off. Then her top. Then I unbuttoned her jeans. She was wearing nothing but her lingerie when she pulled away from me.

"Stop. Not in your house, that is." she commanded, pushing me slightly.

"Well if not here, where?" I asked.

"Listen, Draco, I have no intentions on getting some ban for men just because of your disregarding. I don't want to get myself in trouble. I am very sure you don't want that, too." she bent down to take her clothes. I bit my lip just looking at her.

"No... I don't..." I managed to say. She put her clothes back on.

"Now... If you'll excuse me, I need to leave." she opened the door and started to walk away.

"Dianna! Stop!" I ran after her, as usual. "You don't need to leave. You can stay in my room." I proposed.

"Is that your room?" she pointed at the room we had just exited.

"No... Mine is upstairs, but you can stay with me the night. It's not more different that my Head Boy lair. You'll feel familiar with it." I explained.

"Are you mental, Draco? And risk getting caught? No." she said.

"But... Everyone knows we're together, what sort of a difference will you sleeping in my room make?" I asked her.

"No." she simply replied and with that, she walked away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The night flew in just as quick as I had expected it to. We were already settled at the dining table and I was busy studying Dianna. She was not eating, similar to me. She just looked down at her plate without touching anything of it. 

"What's wrong, dear?" my mother asked her.

"Nothing... I'm just... Not that hungry, that's all." Dianna lied.  The Dark Lord was sitting in his traditional seat at the end of the table. He was eyeing all of us closely, smiling proudly to himself, probably admiring his own achievement. We were so many. Well, they were so many, I wasn't yet marked. I had no idea when I was going to get marked, either. But I had to admit it - I was happy not having any obligations to the Dark Lord at that moment.

"My little followers... You are so beautiful in the moonlight. I am so proud of you, of me, of us." the Dark Lord finally spoke. "Look at us. We create a bond, don't we?" as he asked that question, everyone at the table, including Dianna, answered 'yes' loudly. "Aren't you all proud to say that you are loyal followers? Loyal Death Eaters? All of you?" then, realizing he had gone a little wrong in his sayings he smiled at me"Alow me to correct myself... Almost all of you. Draco?" 

I swallowed hard. My mother could sense my fear so she placed her hand on mine.

"Don't worry, Draco, I'm here with you." she whispered comfortingly.

"Do you not feel like the outsider here? Like something that doesn't really belong where it finds itself? Tell me." the Lord squinted his eyes at me, trying to get the information out of me.

"I... Yes." I lied. I loved the way I felt like an outsider. Because being the outside actually let me do what I wanted. I didn't have to serve someone else. I was free. 

"Then when shall we cast the ceremony?" he asked me.

My heart started beating slower. I widened my eyes. "Whenever you say..." I managed to mumble out without sounding faithless.