Chapter13: Moderate Fears

ChapterThirteen-Moderate Fears  

July 24th, 2006

 It was now late June. UTurn has been busy. They've released an EP in Eastern Europe, titled U.T.U.R.N. But it was a different story in Asia and Australia. They were not as successful. All they released was Celebration

 Celebration is also their North American single, and it's their final single from their debut album. In Eastern Europe, their single is Time Is Gone.

 UTurn is now back in America. They're in Los Angeles for a meeting with their manager, Maurice.

 Maurice started, "I have the sales report. Your status worldwide is 'moderately successful.' In Eastern Europe, you are very popular with teens and nightclubs. You're moderately successful. In Germany, you are unsuccessful. In East Asia and Australia, you have some success, but not enough to release your album. In Canada, you are highly successful. Here in America, you cracked mainstream once. You're a hit in the New England region, on Radio Disney, and on teen magazines."

 Andrew asked, "So what does this mean? Are we going to drop Q Division Records, and stay with Hollywood Records?"

 Maurice explained, "Well, your contract with Hollywood Records has added 3 more full-length albums. They were pleased with your success, though they didn't expect UTurn to be mainstream. As for Q Division Records, you are to remain with them. Which means you'll be going back to Boston to finish high school. In the meantime, you'll be recording your second album. So I advise you to not rejoin your school's clubs or organizations."

 Andrew was obviously not happy with his. So he stormed out of the boardroom. The UTurners were puzzled by this.

 A few minutes later, the members met up with Andrew in the lobby. He was sitting in a chair. Alyson asked, "Andrew, are you okay?"

 Ethan taunted, "What's the matter, Andy Hawthorne? Afwaid you get beaten up at school?"

 Andrew got into his face, and said angrily, "Shut the f*ck up, Jackson! I've had it with the way you treat me! It's bad enough you pretended to be my friend. You had make things worse by making me feel like shit!"

 Then Andrew stormed off, with the other members following him.

 It's now evening. UTurn were in their hotel suite. Andrew went to Alyson and Bailey's room. 

 Bailey said, "I'll leave."

 Andrew said, "No, you can stay."

 So she stayed. Then Alyson asked, "What is it?"

 Andrew replied, "I have to explain something to you. Do you remember last year when we signed onto Hollywood Records? Remember I suggested to Maurice that we get tons of promotion? Well, the reason why I suggested this was that I figured since we were being signed onto a major label, we could be a huge success. We could drop Q Division Records, and avoid returning to Beacon Hill High. But after finding out our sales, I'm scared. I'm scared of facing my victims again."

 Bailey asked, "But didn't you say you regret being a bully?"

 Andrew said, "I do regret it, but you know how our school is. They have a certain status system, and if you don't do as they say, you'll be shunned."

 Alyson then said, "Can I get the others in here? They should listen to this."

 Andrew said, "You can, but don't allow Ethan in here."

 Alyson agreed, and she gathered everyone except Ethan. Andrew told them his fear of going back to Beacon Hill High. Then Amanda said, "I know what you mean. I've always been this anti-conformist. A rebel against the popular students. Now I've becoming everything I swore I'd never be. But, somehow, I'm still the same rebel as I was before I joined UTurn. I don't know anymore. I think I'm having an identity crisis."

 Andrew said, "I know what you mean. I've grown more confidence in myself, but I'm still unsure. A part of me is still this basketball player who's a bully and popular. But at the same time I'm this popstar who's nice and has fans."

 Alyson chimed in, "Yeah, I was this bitch who was the most prettiest, popular girl in school. Now what? For I know, I might have lost my status."

 Justin said, "We could still be popular in school. We're the biggest pop act in Boston. Well, except that boy-band that Maurice managed."

 Bailey asked, "New Kids On The Block?"

 "Yeah, that band."

 Stacie said, "Or we might become losers at our school. Being pretty, athletic, and smart are what make the students popular, not being America's hottest teen act."

 Riley said, "You guys have it easy. I would be in Harvard by now. Now I'll be freakin bored while you are all in high school."

 Bailey said, "Who cares what those students think of us. As long as we have our pop band, our success, and fans, those shallow bitches can't hurt us."

 Outside the Alyson/Bailey bedroom, Ethan was listening to the conversation from the door. He grew an evil smile. Is he going to destroy UTurn?

______________________________________________________________________________

THIS IS UTURN'S EASTERN EUROPEAN SINGLE, TIME IS GONE, IN THE VID. THEIR DEBUT SINGLE COVER, "HERE WE GO," IS IN THE PIC>>>