Partners In Crime

Start from the beginning

They began to get mixed up in the crowed of people as they waltzed around the dance floor with everyone else.

"My dear, are you alright?"

The king felt his wife place a paw on his arm as she looked at him, her eyes filled with concern.

"You seem bothered."

"Of course I am." He replies, smiling. "I just... thought I saw something very... peculiar. Nothing to worry about."

She wasn't quite convinced, but shook it of as she didn't want to spoil the fun of the party. Just when the king was finally about to convince himself that he was being paranoid, the lights in the ballroom suddenly switched off.

The room was then filled with confusion as the guest's murmurs and slight panic began to echo through the large room. Before the king could utter a word of assurance to everyone, a loud piercing screech rang throughout the entire castle, causing for everyone to become silent. When the lights turned back on, everyone gasped as the king dropped to his knees, tears welling up in his eyes.

Laying on the ground in front of everyone, laid the queen, dead.

A large cut was sliced across her neck as blood seeped out of it and a stab would through where her soul would lay. She laid in a pool of her own blood while everyone watched in terror as her soul parted from her body and shattered into nothing more than a pile dust. If the citizens weren't scared before, they were definitely terrified now. Panic immediately filled the room as the loud chattering and screams of people and monsters filled the thick air.

"Alphys was right Sansy. It is very pretty!" A sweet voice said, amongst the crowd of voices.

The king's head shot up to the crowd as he saw that same aqua blue eyes girl hold up the crown of the queen.

"Leave it up to Al for us to do the really hard jobs." The monster beside her said, sighing. "Look, the king has already spotted us."

"You two!" The king exclaims, standing up.

"Oh. Good evening your majesty!" The raven haired girl says, doing a small crusty.

"Guards! Seize them!"

"Uh oh."

The pair ran off in different directions as the Royal guards began to enter the ballroom and chase after them. Citizens began to evacuate the castle.

The girl ran towards a set of stairs that lead up to a small balcony looking place where there were three thrones. She kicked the thrones down in front of the entryway as she heard the guard's footsteps right behind her. She stood up on the railway as she clutched the crown close to her chest before jumping forward and grabbing a near by rope the opened a really big curtain. She swung forward as she looked behind her, seeing the guards that were chasing her struggle to get through.

"Can't catch me!" She taunted, giggling.

As she swung to the next rope, she can see her skeleton partner running through the crowd as guards were chasing after him too. She then noticed one of the monster guards were flying up from above and was about to reach him. She quickly reached inside the pocket of her dress and threw a small piece of candy towards him. The candy softly landed on the flying guards head and got his attention. He turned around and saw the girl swinging onto another curtain's ropes as she stuck her tongue out.

"Come at me ya big chicken!" She screamed.

Growling, the monster spread open its feathers, causing for some feathers to shoot out and fly towards the girl. She dodged them for the most part, until one hit one of her ankles, causing for it to bleed, followed by one feather cutting the rope.