15th · Unexpected Discoveries

Sometimes I would think; everyone did that, obviously, but most of the times, in order to live a simpler life, we just had to think simple in order to leave all complications behind. Sadly, we never follow whatever we're told to do. Once we get told off, we tend to get... curious. And that curiosity will do numbers on you.

For example, when someone tells you not to play around with scissors because it's dangerous. Then you start to wonder how dangerous it is by playing around with it, doing the exact opposite of what you were told not to do, and end up getting yourself hurt.

See?

It's the way of the human mind... most probably. And yes, I'm actually not writing on a paper plane this time because sometimes, thinking helps. Overthinking is a whole other topic, and if it was a person, I'd hate them.

But at times, you have to befriend your fears so you can eliminate from, you know, having them be your fears. Your flaws. The things you just want to hide away when you have an ugly scar.

I looked out of the window of my room and sighed. The human mind is complicated and if you don't train yourself to control it, it will control you. And you don't want that to happen. And though this is totally irrelevantㅡbut at the same time, relevant to the topicㅡour mental heaths must be kept at tip-top condition. Always.

It was a slow Saturday morning and I rarely wake up this early. Glancing at the clock on my desk, I read 7:49 a.m. Yup, this was a rare time for me to be awake. Even my parents had just left for work approximately five minutes ago.

Or was that the sound of the bathroom door closing?

I didn't have any plans for the day so I planned to stay home all day and probably do nothing. I wasn't feeling very progressive today. I just want to relax on my bed or couch. Depends on where was more comfortable.

Stretching a little after getting up from my swivel chair, I got out of my room and headed straight to the kitchen. Since I still wasn't sure if my parents were in, I decided to go ahead and make myself some breakfast. Egg sandwich was what I was craving so I decided to make some.

I wasn't so great at cooking meals, but simple snacks like sandwich and instant noodles were fine. The real reason why I can't exactly cook is because I fear the heat and oil popping out of the pan. Pretty stupid, huh?

After I was done making my delicious egg sandwiches, I went outside to the porch and sat down on the swing and enjoyed the quiet and calm neighborhood. Sometimes I liked to wake up early, because on mornings like these, they were peaceful, it was beautiful, and the birds were out chirping. A few neighbors were awake, though, and they were the ones who went on a jog. Either alone or with a hairy companion.

I continued sitting there crossed legs and let the world zip ahead without me. My hair was in a messy bun and I wore an oversized t-shirt along with jogging shorts. They were a nice getup for sleeping since they were so comfortable.

Once I was done eating, I pondered on what I could do next. I had to whole day to myself but it would be very boring to simply watch TV the entire day. I wasn't too into the shows they showed. Then I thought about watching YouTube videos. That sounded promising enough so I went back inside to get my plate cleaned.

I hopped into my room once my plate was scrubbed and cleaned and sat down on my swivel chair, placing my laptop on the desk and turning it on. So the entire first four hours I spent discovering a bunch of YouTube videos and even watching YouTubers react to K-pop. K-pop had a nice beat, in all honesty.

Then a message came and I checked my phone. It was a message from Finn: what are you doing today?

I stared at my laptop a little more before replying: Got no plans so I'm here watching YouTube videos. I'm kinda bored, Finny