Kate's eyes shone in amusement and they were glued on the huddle of boys that were bringing up a whirlwind of dust each time they hit Ham with their gloves.

I didn't see the big deal.

"Wait a sec?" Scotty said, holding up his glove.

No one noticed but me.

"I'll get it," he jogged over to the fence, and I followed behind.

"Hey, Scott, I've got longer arms. I could reach the top of the fence if you give me a lift."

He looked at me, and nodded. Then he  kneeled down in the dirt and weeds beside the rusty fence and held his hands out as a makeshift step.

I placed my left foot on Scotty's hands and he heaved it up. Then I reached my hands up over the wooden rim of the fence to maintain my balance.

"NO!!!!"

What?

"SHAYE!" I heard Kate yell as I pushed my foot out of Scotty's hands and began to push my arms up on top of the fence.

"NOOOO" everyone cried.

"STOP!!!"

"SMALLS! What are you doing!!!!"

"WAIT!!"

"She's getting the ball!" Scotty yelled back.

"Don't do it!" everyone began to scream, sprinting towards Scotty and I.

I tried to turn my head to look at them, but I nearly lost my grip and fell off the fence.

I shut my eyes as I struggled to regain my hold. I wasn't exactly full of upper body strength. Nor did I like heights.

What's the big deal? Why can't I just get the damn ball?

I gasped as I felt a warm touch on my waist below where my t-shirt had risen up– someone was pulling me down!

"Get off! I'm gonna get the ball!"

I instinctively flinched, kicking whoever it was in the shoulder as they tried to pry me off the fence.

"Ouch!"

Benny? What the hell?

"Sorry," I mumbled, letting go of the fence once I realized he wasn't going to let me fall.

Benny had ran from one end of the field to the fence in a matter of seconds.

Like I said, that boy was freaking fast.

I was still so confused about what I'd done wrong. I just stood in his arms after he placed my feet on the ground once again.

Slowly, I blinked open my eyes.

His hands were still on my waist.

"Shaye, my God, what are you doing?" he breathed, trembling.