twenty - two

'bubby!', calum yelled, 'bubby!' michael followed the sound and found calum playing with blocks.

'what are you building, bub?' michael asked, crouching down beside the boy.

'big tower!' he exclaimed. he added two more blocks to the tower, causing it to shake a little. calum froze, watching as the tower almost fell.

'i-i build lots of 'lil towers' calum said, carefully taking the blocks of the latger tower.

michael watched calum, smiling at all the little sounds and things he said. as much as he was enjoying being big, he missed being a little.

-

michael slowly walked to ashtons room, rubbing his eyes sleepily. being an adult was exhausting. ashton was at his desk working.

'a-ash?', michael said in a quiet voice. ashton turned around to face him, 'can i take a nap in here?'

ashton shook his head, 'adults dont nap' he said. michael frowned, tears filling his eyes. ashton softened, seeing his babys face

'o-oh okay' michael yawned and walked out of the room. ashton sighed deeply. he messed up.

luke was walking to the bathroom when he saw the tired, teary eyed boy.

'hey mikey, you alright?' michael looked up, fighting tears.

'y-yes' michael said, wiping his eyes. luke noticed how tired michael looked and pouted.

'why dont you go take a nap, mikey? you look tired' luke suggested. michael looked confused.

'a-ashton said adults dont nap'

luke frowned.

'hun, i nap all the time. go on and take a nap'

michael walked to his room, closing the door behind him. luke walked to his and ashtons room, seeing ashton was at his desk with his head in his hands.

'why would you tell him he couldnt nap?'

'i-i dont know. i-i just thought th-that he might ch-change his mind' ashton whimpered. luke walked over to ashton and sat in his lap. the older boy rested his head on lukes shoulder, trying his very hardest not to cry.

'its what he wants babe. you cant take that from him' luke said, rubbing ashtons back. thats when ashton lost it and started crying, clutching onto lukes shirt.

'its be-been a-a-a few day-days and i-i-i cant do i-it!' ashton exclaimed. luke pouted, whispering soothing words to ashton. eventually, the boys cries died down and he fell asleep in lukes arms.

and maybe no one knew michael was standing outside with a binkie in his hand but they would soon.

-