"Okay, if that's what you want. I won't fall for you."

His eyes burned into mine. I feel the air heating up between the cool breeze around us.

My stomach somersaults and my heart beats fast again.

I avoided his gaze and flashed an awkward smile. "Yep, better."

Suddenly the rooftop's door burst out open, Logan and Tristan just entered and I felt relieved as they looked like they didn't hear anything.

The typical jolly aura of Tristan showed off again. "Hey guys! Kanina pa kami naghihintay!"

Cal sighed.

"How long have you been there?" he asked, his brows met.

"Bakit? May ginawa kayo?" he said, with a teasing tone.

My eyes widened as we both shouted. "No!"

"Uuuy, defensive," he teased.

Logan raised his eyebrow on him. "Let's go," he said and turned around.

While walking on the hallways, I saw only few student are left on the field.

We really took a long time.

I sighed.

Logan is infront while Cal is beside him. Tristan and I are walking at their backs.

I stared at Cal's back as we walked. His shoulders are broader. He looks so manly, his hair looked so cool and pleasing as the sunset's gaze flicker on it.

"Kayle," Tristan called, almost whispering, trying not to reach Logan and Cal's earshot.

I raised an eyebrow and mouthed, "What?"

"Anong nangyari sa rooftop?" he said, his eyes curious.

I shook my head. "Wala."

"Ows?"

I rolled my eyes and hissed, "Whatever."

He laughed and quickly covered his mouth when Cal and Logan looked over us.

He motioned a peace sign as they continue to walk.

"Eh ba't parang may iba sa inyo ni Cal?" he asked, whispering.

I sighed and that's when I realized, this is not the typical us.

What just happened to us?

I suddenly felt a twinge in my heart. I've gotten us into a mess.

I bit my lower lip and hugged myself.

"Marami lang iniisip," I said, at buti na lang 'di na siya nagtanong pa ulit.

"Anyway, kakarating lang namin nun. No need to worry kung may personal man kayong pinag-usapan," he gave me a reassuring, genuine smile.

I nod. "Okay."

I sighed inside.

It's better that way.

It may be worse if they heard over us.

***

When we reached our house, Wade beeped his car and told us they're going straight ahead.

Cal nod.

Technically, Cielo went on Wade's car. Logan and Tristan with individual cars. And I was forced to go with Cal.

I need to get used to it. We always should stick with each other always anyway.

I watched the guys' car drove off and I walked out of the car.

Before staying out of Cal's earshot, I left him words I needed to.

"I wont trade our years of friendship for love," I said and closed the door.

***

It was eleven o'clock and still can't sleep.

I jumped out of the bed and headed the balcony.

I rested my arms on the railings as I stare up above.

The night is calm. The moon still looks beautiful as it will always be. There are only few stars tonight but still they paint beautifully on the vast sky above.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I felt the wind upon my cheeks.

It's been a weird, intense day.

My eyes shifted on Cal's room's balcony.

He wasn't there. But I had a little hope in me—even after what happened—that he will be there, staring at me.

But none.

Only the reflection of the moonlight on the balcony's full-glass door.

I sighed.

Why am I like this?

I shook the idea out of my head and returned inside. I locked the door leading to the latter place and slumped myself into bed.

I caught a sight of my black guitar over the corner so I beamed towards it.

I'll be continuing my current composition of a song.

--