Scroll 14: Yambala Tribe and New Dungeon

Start from the beginning

"Hello there, Alibaba."

Azami's POV

He was good. Muu Alexius was really not the captain of Fanalis Corps for nothing. After greeting Alibaba, I turned to Muu and smiled at him.

"That was a great battle. I would like to learn some from you while I'm here." He smiled as well and I guess it solved our little problem. I could still feel his distrust but I could see that it was easing a little bit. Alibaba jumped down the stands and tackled me in a hug.

"Azami! It's been a long time! A year! How are you? Where did you travel?"

"Woah. Slow down. I'm fine and I traveled back to the east months ago. There were a lot of people I met and I was able to buy a lot of souvenirs! Their food also tasted great! We should go there with the others some time." I never knew I was this talkative but I just really want to tell him.

Muu came and asked us how we knew each other. Alibaba was the one who told him of our adventure. The Fanalis Corps jumped down and I met a lot of them. I could see that the female Fanalis near Muu was his little sister.

"I'm so beat. Do you think we can grab some snacks?" I asked Alibaba. He nodded and before I could invite Muu, he already told us that he had to meet up with Lady Scheherazade.

"Okay! I'll see you later then!"

We exited the Colosseum and entered a tavern nearby. After ordering, we made our way to the farthest part of the place. There was something I have to tell him after all.

"Please keep this a secret. I visited Kou again and came upon some of their papers. I saw the condition of Balbadd. It's improving actually. The economy has boomed and the transportation has evolved. It was a lot easier to transport goods from places to places but... I'm not sure you will like their government though." He stopped drinking before looking at me in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"There is what you call the class hierarchy and one would be able to identify one by the coloring of their clothing." He looked at me. I could see that he was not that comfortable. I just told him to see it for himself. He made his goal so to lighten up the mood, I asked him about the Yambala tribe. I still intend to learn after all.

"Yambala? They are here."

"I want to learn how to properly manipulate magoi." He was taken aback but soon smiled. After it, we went to his master's place and I was able to meet them. They were nice especially Toto and his master. At first they were reluctant but when Alibaba pulled out some strings, they made me battle a Colosseum monster.

"An Aktian Giant Snake."

"Eh!?"

Battle with Aktian Giant Snake

Dodging the venomous spit of the Aktian snake proved to be difficult. Just one touch and it will melt everything. It's scales are also tough and the only way to finish it was through its eyes and the soft part below its head. Tch.

'Are you sure you're not going to use a weapon equip?' Furcas asked.

'No. That will not help me.' I turned around and used one of the spears in the statue to distract it. I thought I was able to distract it but it sensed me and spat on me. I was able to dodge it but it hit the lower part of my hair which caused it to be cut shorter.

"My hair."

'My Queen! Are you alright?'

'I'm fine.'

I loved my long hair though. I sighed and turned to the giant snake. My bright eyes shone and I could feel power surge to the sword I was holding. Jumping upwards, I attacked its chin then hit both of its eyes. It wailed in pain and anger. My consciousness was slowly diminishing so I used that new power to knock it put.