Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba

Start from the beginning

After Kou, I decided to check out Balbadd and stayed there for a week. Technically, I was still under Kou's nose. It was just that I didn't bother to even inform them. It was good. Then I stopped by Aktia again to see the families we saved. Orba recognized me and offered me to stay in their house but I knew they will not be able to take someone again and spend their food so instead, I gave them some of my rations and money. I had a lot especially at I conquered three dungeons. I didn't plan to be rich or something. Maybe after this, I could finally settle in an unknown island and live their peacefully. The kid saw how tattered my clothes were and decided to show me the way to the next town. It was a decent looking town and they had a clothing shop.

After hours of buying rations and some needed supply, I rented a room on one of the inns they have. My clothes were stinking so I washed them out leaving me in a silk nightgown.

"It's a pain when I have to wash my clothes and be gone by noon tomorrow."

'We want to reach Reim soon don't we? Now hurry up before some perverted bastard decide to sneak on you.' Furcas warned. I did and when I was done, I went back to my room and let the clothes dry in a makeshift clothing line I made. The night was cool and it gave me time to meditate and contemplate on my journey. So far, I had not heard anything serious except for some dungeons that kept on appearing and disappearing near towns. I could only think of the Wandering Magi to do that since he looked so carefree. It could not be the Reim's priestess since she was busy with Reim and Judar? No way. He'd think of it as a waste of time and would rather annoy Sinbad to no end.

'You should sleep now, Azami. We have a long day tomorrow.'

"Night."

The next day, I woke up with a loud yawn. I forced myself to take a bath before slipping to my new clothes. It consisted of white top, green hood, brown shorts and boots. My hair was tied in a high ponytail. With that, I grabbed some breakfast and packed my things. "Reim is near so might as well just fly there." I took out my magic cloth before riding it. A forest was seen below me and beyond that was the Reim Empire.

"What a sight! It's much better than in Sindria but I can feel immense power here somewhere. It must be from the priestess."

'Azami? Isn't Alibaba in that country as well?' Sitri asked.

'Now that you mentioned it, I remember him telling us something about Yamba something or whatever you call that. He is. Do you guys want me to go with him and say hi?' They agreed and I covered my face with my hood.

Before going somewhere, I decided to pay respect for the magi first. I couldn't just waltz in here you know. It was rude. Once I was inside the country, I decided to ask people where I could find the priestess. They pointed to a huge castle at the east side. People were happy here and even though I could see slavery, I didn't think they were mistreated. Or maybe I was wrong but nonetheless, I have yet to see one soon. The Colosseum I just passed sounded interesting that I could even hear them saying about a blonde man recently defeating another wild animal. 'Blonde? Could it be Alibaba?'

'Azami, we've reached the castle. Should we just stride inside?' Furcas asked me. I nodded.

'We'll ask of course.'

"Excuse me sir. Is there any a way for me to have an audience with the High Priestess?" The soldier looked at me in suspicion but he stopped once the priestess herself came out. She asked him to let me in. I was stunned. I entered the room and I was glad that we were alone because I could feel her curiosity.

"It's good to finally meet you, Lady Scheherazade."

"You must be the guardian that djinn was talking about. Welcome to Reim. May I know your name?"