Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami

Start from the beginning

'You rip what you sow.' Sitri said. The two djinns just stayed silent. I pouted before finishing the buns I was making. It looked delicious and I was tempted to eat but I had to keep self control. The day wasn't done. We pulled on an all-nighter. Kouen must really wanted to kill me.

'Well, you should made sure that the permission was really sent. Wait, did you really ask?' Stolas inquired. I laughed sheepishly before saying no. That result in to me receiving a huge scolding from Sitri.

'You should have.' I tuned out after that.

The next day, the diplomatic visit was on queue. I spied at the docks and saw their guest. The princess was beautiful let me tell you. She was kind too. I went back and accidentally over heard a conversation.

"Are you against this, Koumei?" It was Kouen's voice.

"Not at all my brother and king. This is for the country after all."

"So you're going to throw aside your feelings for her?" Kouen asked amused. Koumei turned to his brother confused.

"Eh?"

"I know you've taken a liking to that Azami."

It was silent. I knew he had, Kouha told me. Just then, I heard him say, "I do." My eyes widened at his declaration. The door opened and I hid quickly to the sides. Koumei left the room and all that was left was Kouen.

"Come out, Azami. I know you're there."

"Kouen."

"So you've heard?"

"Yeah. I... Even if he confessed to me, I will not be able to return his feelings. I have a destiny to fulfill after all." He shot me a weirded glance. He's curious about this destiny.

"Destiny you say?"

"Yeah. I think I'm not doing my mission right. He will be mad at me if I fail. That palace is the sacred place I could only return to. When I die that is." His eyes widened at me before recognizing that palace. He pulled and shook me harshly before asking if I was talking about the sacred palace.

"W-What about it?"
"Tell me what you know about it!" His voice boomed and I knew I had to get away. He was as dangerous as Sinbad!

"K-Kouen! Y-You have to put me down!" That was when I felt a wave from my bracelet. It made him release me form his tight grip.

"You have a djinn in that bracelet. So you already have three huh?" His cold eyes made me sweat drop. I told him that maybe someday, I'll be able to tell him a little bit about that place. Not now though.

"I'll see you later then." I went to Koumei's room but stopped once I heard him talking to somebody. It sounded like the princess. She looked like she was having fun with him. It made me smile. I guessed I have to leave early.

'Is it alright, My Queen?' Stolas questioned my decision.

'Of course it is, Stolas.' I assured the life djinn.

I went back to my room to pack. That was when Kogyouku entered my room after knocking. She was confused as to why I was packing but I only told her that I had to travel again.

"Why Azami dear? You can still stay here you know."
"I know but I just know I have to follow the rukh again."

She was saddened by my decision so I decided to leave her a parting gift. It was a golden bracelet with sapphire and is enchanted for protection.

"Keep this with you at all times okay? I hope this will help you with your future problems. And give this to Koumei, Kouen and Kouha too. I'll see you then."

"So soon?"

"Yeah. I might visit again but I don't know yet when. See you."

I jumped out of the window before calling for Stolas' djinn equip. With a quick flutter of sound, I flew up and followed the path of the rukh.

'Give that princess a chance, Koumei-dono.'

=END=

A/N: This is more like a filler actually. You know...I've been thinking. Who do you want Azami to be with (please don't say Sinbad, had enough of him😂). I'll be waiting for your reply.