-Fifteen-

Will's POV

I was allowed a two hour break from the infirmary to train. As I was leaving, Roxane shot me a sympathetic smile. I told her where I was going and she nodded, saying she'd watch over the patients while I was gone. Yelling a thank you over my shoulder, I opened the door and took a step outside for the first time in a couple hours.

The air was fresh. I took a deep breath, glad to be out of the stuffy infirmary for a moment. I loved being with the patients; bonding with them and helping them heal. But sometimes it felt good to take a break. Especially after the argument with Nico.

Sometimes he was so over the top and ridiculous.

I didn't get it.

I jogged over to the training arena where my group of friends were waiting for me. Lou Ellen had grabbed a bow and a quiver full of arrows for me, and I thanked her before taking it from her. Cecil was a few feet away, busy swinging his sword at a ripped dummy. He was obviously trying to impress Lou, though I wasn't sure it was working.

"Hey, Lou. Can I ask you something?" I mumbled, playing with the string on my bow anxiously.

"One second..." the girl placed her hand on my upper arm, patting it twice before heading somewhere behind me. Her brow was furrowed. Being one of her best friends, I recognized it as her protective mom mode face.

"Sure." I turned around to see where she was going. Not too far away were Paige, Alyssa, and Max who were so absorbed in what they were doing that they didn't notice Lou Ellen coming their way. Looking closer, I realized that Max was twirling throwing knives between their fingers and Alyssa was tossing her bronze dagger in the air. Paige was using her spear as a baton, occasionally fumbling and dropping it, then picking it back up.

"Come on, dude, let's watch this," Cecil grabbed my elbow and pulled me closer to the scene that was unfolding.

"I swear to the gods, I'm not stitching their fingers back to their hands. And Paige literally just got out of the infirmary yesterday!" I cried out in frustration. Those three were a little idiotic at times.

Lou was trying to pry the weapons from their hands, scolding them at the same time. "Max, stop twirling your knives. You'll cut a finger off!  And Alyssa, please drop the dagger, I don't want your hand sawed off. Paige. You just got out of the infirmary and will be going back if you don't cut it out. Guys...! Cecil, please do not encourage them."

"What?! I didn't even say anything," he protested. I covered my mouth with my free hand, holding in a laugh.

"You would have. I know you."

"You two, stop bickering. Now is not the time. We have to stop them from killing themselves." I stepped between the son of Hermes and daughter of Hecate. Glancing over at the trio, I heard Lou let out an exasperated sigh.

"I've got this." I went forward and joined the little circle of morons.

"Oh hey, Will. What's up?" Alyssa asked while waiting for her dagger to come down.

"Waiting for you to chop your hand off." I shrugged casually.

"Me too." Max laughed along with Paige who, once again, dropped her spear.