The Secret Life of a Nerd (a Student/Teacher romance)

Începe de la început

I may get good grades, work like a mule, and get picked on all the time, but I have this other life no one knows about. I have an online life. Online, I can be anything and anyone I want. I've created a side of me no one would ever expect. Online, I'm a sexy, to-die-for, woman. I make guys' dreams come true through chat rooms, webcams, and texting. Now you're probably asking if it's one of my jobs. The answer to that, my friend, is no. I do this on my own time for my own pleasure. If this were a job, it would be heaven to me. I work at a fast food restaurant after school on weekdays and I'm a maid on weekends. I find time to do homework during breaks and study halls at school. Now you're wondering how I find time to go online. Night. That's when. I don't really get much sleep, but if I get at least two hours of sleep, I can function for the rest of the day. And sometimes when I don't have homework, I use my study halls to sleep, and sometimes even during lunch. But now, I've had more time since its summer, which means I've caught up on sleep. But tomorrow, school starts again. Ugh. But getting a scholarship and going to college is my only way out of this hell hole.

But back to my online life, aka my heaven. I met this guy who's unbelievably cute and smart. We've Skyped with eachother every other night this week. We met on some chat website thingy. Unlike other guys I've met on there, this guy hasn't asked me to 'do' anything, all we've done is talk. But if he did want to 'do' something, I would totally do it. He seems to really like me. Not for my looks, but for my personality. He enjoys talking to me and he's constantly saying how beautiful I am. I have to admit, when I don't look nerdy, I'm pretty hot. Actually, I should be getting ready to talk to mysteriousman6889 right now. Mysteriousman6887 is this guy's username. His real name is Brett. He's 23 years old and he doesnt care that I'm only 17. We've never actually met in person, so there's no harm with a 23 year old talking to a 17 year old girl. Nobody knows and nobody has to find out. Besides, when I look sexy, I look older. I look 20, whereas when I'm in nerdy mode, I look 16 or younger. But enough chit chat. I need to get ready for my "date."

Let's see...what should I wear? Hmmm...black v neck, spaghetti strap, mini dress. Il wear my hair down and straight, and some black eyeliner and mascara with black eyeshadow and a little bit of lipgloss. That should be good. Oh! Can't forget the contacts.

Now to log onto Skype. Username is...Bambi1995. Password is...well, you don't need to know my password. And logged on. Now I just have to wait for Brett to log on. In the mean time, I'll tell you why my username is such. Bambi is my middle name and 1995 is the year in which I was born. My mother chose a nerdy name and a slutty name for me. She figured that I'd either turn out to be a nerd or a slut. Well, I'm both in case you haven't noticed. Nerdy by day, slutty by night. My parents never catch me being Bambi. They're passed out around this time, so I'm safe. But if they did catch me, they probably wouldn't care. Either that or they'd make me make a living out of it...you know like a stripper or prostitute. Yeah, they don't care about me. They only care about themselves and the money I bring home...well most of the money I bring home. I stash 10% of my paycheck in the bank. My parents have no idea I have a bank account. Heck, theyve never even stepped foot into a bank.

*bing*. Mysteriousman6889 has logged on.

Mysteriousman6889 is calling you. Accept or Ignore?

Hmmm...Accept. Then Brett appear on my laptop screen. "Hey Bambi" he greeted in that equally sexy voice of his. He doesn't know Bambi is actually my middle name. I never go by my first name when I'm online. Gertrude is such a turn off.

"Hey Brett" I replied, while twirling my hair around my finger.

"How are you? Parents treating you better?"

I laughed. "No. They barely know I'm their daughter."

."That sucks. "

"Yeah. And how are you? Did you get that job?"

He smiled. "I did, thanks to you. Thank you for preparing me for my interview. You were right. They like people who can relate to students and are to serious all the time."

"EVERYONE likes teachers who are fun, Brett."

He chuckled. "You got a point there. Anyways, I start tomorrow. I'm afraid we won't be able to talk much on weekdays."

"I know. My school starts tomorrow too. Which means, my life becomes more complicated and I go back to working night shifts at Burger King."

"Hey, if I ever end up at the Burger King you work in, would you give me free food?"

"Probably, but do you seriously eat at Burger King? I mean the food there's disgusting."

"Nah ah." he shook his head. "I worked there when I was in high school and my first day on the job, I vowed NEVER to eat their food again. Just seeing the way they cook the food is just....eeewwww."

"You know, I don't even think the hamburgers have any meat in them"

"Oh trust me. They don't contain any meat whatsoever." he said as he took a bite of a hamburger from McDonalds.

"Nice. McDonald's food. I wish I worked there instead of Burger King."

"Yeah. They use real meat."

"And how do you know Burger King doesn't use meat?". I asked curiously.

"Back when I was working there, I took a look at the ingredients and meat was definitely not an ingredient."

The rest of our conversation was basically about how much my life sucks, how pretty I look, school, his new job, and how we both wished we could be with eachother in person. After about two hours, we had to log off since I had to wake up for school and he had to wake up for work in the morning. I changed into my pajamas, took of my contacts and make up off, put my hair back into a bun, and drifted off to sleep, dreaming about Brett. Bambi is officially done for tonight. Now it's back to Gertrude (shivers). I hate my name.