Tree stares at the pop star in amazement. In the time that she's gotten to know Taylor, she's never been this unprofessional when things are serious. It's been a drastic change in her eyes, and to tree, she has no one but Karlie to blame.

"You made a mistake, Taylor. You're an international pop star, do you really think you can just do whatever you want?" Tree asks, her tone slightly growing the more heated she gets.

"I've been the 'international pop star' longer than you've been working for her." Taylor remarks towards herself. "But that does not mean that I'm not human, or an adult so yes, I do think I can do whatever I want." Taylor says strongly in her defense. Her body is tense as she tries to mentally relax herself but she knows it'll only get worse from this point on.

Especially since Tree hasn't even started on Karlie yet.

"No!" Tree says, slamming her hands down on the island counter, causing Taylor to jump. "I wish you could Taylor I really do. You've had a hell of a life at a young age and you're fully engulfed in it right now. So what in the god damn world makes you think that you can just run off with some, with some, irresponsible wash out!" Tree shouts, her angry voice echoing through Taylors open New York City apartment.

Taylor is fully taken back. Hot tears rush to fill her eyes as she actually has to refrain herself from the urge of jumping this counter.

No Taylor, stop. You're not like that and you know it. You know you shouldn't have done it and Karlie knows that too, but you are an adult and Tree does work for you. The pop stars mind is flooding with back and forth banter that Taylor doesn't know whose side she's really on anymore. She only knows that she's raging from Tree calling Karlie an irresponsible wash out.

"Fuck off Tree. I am so done with you right now. You don't know her, you wouldn't even take the time to!" Taylor shouts back.

"I don't need to! I know for a fact that she's no good, Taylor! You've seen her spread out all over the media with negative stories and a bad girl reputation!" Tree responds, talking with her hands and desperately trying to make her boss understand the enormous risk she took.

"Again, you don't know her!"

"I don't need to! She is nothing but trash Taylor and I'm done. I won't defend some self proclaimed performer that has done nothing but drag you and use you since the day she met you in that studio."

Tree's words still ring aloud, bouncing through the walls of the entire apartment. Tears flow down Taylors cheeks like a constant stream as she has to refrain from blowing up at her publicist right now. She can't explain why there's a burning sensation covering her chest every time Tree spits out another vile word pertaining to Karlie. The feeling scares her, simply because she's never felt feelings so strong about another person before. It's a feeling she never even acknowledged to be possible, and it empowers and drains her all at once.

"Take it back." Taylor grunts through gritted teeth as she tries to control herself from breaking down completely.

Tree shakes her head against Taylors wishes, "I wish I could Taylor, but I won't. I mean it, she is nothing." She says in a small yet firm voice.

Saying that Taylor was stunned by this argument was saying the least. Her publicist is tough, however she can't recall a time that Tree was ever this bad towards her and her private life. Her mouth feels dry as her lips slightly part, getting ready to respond. Until she hears a sound that makes her heart fall into her stomach, even a stolen glance at Tree shows she's stunned too.

Awkwardly, Karlie Kloss stands in the far entrance of the kitchen. All the two heard was the small clearing of her throat, seeming to forget that Karlie was even here until then. She stands sort of misplaced as she barley hangs on to Taylors bags of luggage before letting them slip onto the floor.