July, 7, 2020

When Jackson and I got up, we quickly made two microwaveable pretzels, and ate them watching 'Little Big League'. Jackson always loved this movie, and it had grown onto me. We felt very lazy this morning especially. Today is the All-Star Game, but he did make it. We wanted to spend as long as possible together enjoying every single minute that we had together, since those days are numbered.

Jackson held me tightly, which made me just smile. I loved watching him doing what he loved to do, but what I love more than anything else was having Jackson all to myself. The problem is that things never last long when it gets to this.

When the alarm went off, Jackson let out a groan knowing that he had to get up and dressed for today's events. I, however, didn't even budge from my amazingly warm spot. "Honey," I said causing him to turn around to face me. "I'm sorry that I'm not going to the game today."

He smiled, letting out a light chuckle. "You are going. I know that your extremely pregnant, but you are coming." He gave me the devil stare, trying to scare me but that didn't work.

"I could go swimming while you play. I just don't feel like going to the game today," I whined knowing that I'll be leaving with him when he has to go.

"Once this game is over, we can go swimming all you want." Jackson bent down and kissed my cheek. "Come on, you wouldn't make me endure all of this by myself?" he asked with a puppy dog face.

I slightly chuckled before I said, "Yes, I'll throw you into the lion's den." Jackson's puppy dog face turned to a hurt puppy dog face. I rolled my eyes before I finally agreed to get up and dressed.

Beaming from being overjoyed, Jackson picked me up from where I laid and carried me into the bathroom so I could take my shower. This insured that I didn't go extremely slow to waste the precious time that we had.

When the game was over, Jackson took me out to eat at a little Chinese place for a midnight snack. Jackson found the fact that I never had Chinese food as an insult, so after years of rebuking going, he finally talked me into it. They lost the game today, but it was a really high scoring game.

"So how is the babies doing?" Jackson asked me, knowing that they started to kick.

I laughed, putting my left hand on my baby bump. "Probably sleeping. They were really active during the game."

"I hope that they weren't fighting with each other. I want a happy, loving family not a family that's at war."

"I think that they were cheering along with the crowd even though they didn't know what side to cheer for. Don't worry, once they are out, they'll know exactly who to cheer for and who to not."

"I hope Reagan will be one of those people that they know not to cheer for." I laughed at that one, while our food that Jackson ordered for us arrived.

I had no idea what my dish was, but it was good. Well, the few things that I managed to pick up with chopsticks was good. I was getting really frustrated in how I couldn't pick anything up with those two tiny impossible sticks. It didn't help when Jackson took a video of me failing and sent it to his teammates and friends.

I was mad at him for doing that. I didn't talk to him the rest of the dinner, but he didn't seem to notice until we left the restaurant to go back to the hotel to pack our things so we can head to the airport. "What is your problem, Steph? Is it because I took that video?" I didn't say anything to him. I guess that was all the answer that he needed before he continued, "Baby, I'm sorry I only sent it to couple of people. It's not like you're going to be on ESPN or MLB network or a news station. You can't be seriously mad at me."

I glared at him not saying a word. I had to try so hard to bite my tongue. We never got into fights, except for little spats. This one will be one of those small spats, but it's fun sometimes to get him more on the defensive.

"Oh, come one Steph," he cut me off, making me stop in the middle of the pitch-black sidewalk. "You can NOT be mad at me for that!" He waited for couple of seconds, waiting for me to say something, but when I didn't he continued, "Stephane, talk to me. Why are you mad at me?"

I couldn't hold my laugher in any longer. He rolled his eyes seeing that I wasn't mad at all. He picked me up and kissed me right on lips. While I was still in the air, Jackson said lightly, "I hate you so much. I hate you."

Back on the ground, I said, "You may hate me, but I love you, Jackson Myls with all my heart and all of my soul. I just hope that you love me with those things as well."

"Well Stephane, you're in luck since I do love you with all of my heart, all of my mind, and all of my soul. And I promise you that nothing in this planet will ever make me change my mind on this matter. Now, we need to be on our way so we can quickly pack our mess of things and make our flight back to home." He placed his left arm over my shoulders as we quickly walked down the street.

When we arrived at the airport, we had an hour before our flight left, so we snuggled on those airport couches. I laid my head on Jackson's shoulder. I can't help but to feel that I found myself in the perfect life. I have a husband that loves me, and I have everything that I could ever ask for.

"Stephane, make sure that you don't fall asleep. I don't want to be late for our flight home."

I looked up at him and asked, "Why? I mean, you can wake me up when it's time to board the plane."

"No, I can't if I planned to fall asleep myself. What good are you if you won't let me get some shut eye?"

"What about we wait to sleep on the long three and a half flight home?" I shut my eyes again, still planning to fall asleep on his should.

I did hear him mumble, "Oh, alright," before I fell asleep, but it didn't last since it was only couple of minutes later when Jackson woke me up to board the plane.

Once we were on the plane and in our window seat, Jackson started to laugh, "I thought you said that neither of us was to fall asleep in the airport."

"But I didn't fall asleep. I was just resting my eyes."

"So you rested your eyes for a little over forty minutes?"

I knew that I was caught, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of catching me in a lie. "Yeah, my eyes were extremely tired from watching that game and looking at you."

"And you don't think that my eyes were tired from what I did, but whatever. If you don't want to admit that you were sleeping is fine with me, but beware my little wife. Someday this will bite you in the ass."

I looked at him, trying not to laugh, "Oh, okay then. I'll watch out."

"You better," he said before he lost it and started to laugh.

Right as the plane started to take off, we fell asleep with our heads on each other.