July 15, 2018

I sat in the stands next to Zoey for the day game against the St. Louis Cardinals. I told her about Jimmie, but that was all that I told her from the story of Jackson Myls the Fifth.

The game so far had been really eventful. It seemed like it been homer after homer, but the start of the bottom sixth inning was where something very frightful happened.

Jackson was the first one up to bat against Jimmie. Jackson so far already hit a homer and struck out twice. I have no idea what the count was, but Jackson kept on fouling off pitch after pitch. The final pitch came right towards his face. Jackson couldn't get out of the way so I watched him crumble to the ground after the impact.

I stood up in complete and utterly shock. Zoey grabbed me in a hug trying to shield me away from everything that was happening, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Jackson. I saw Chase and the trainer and the manager sprint out to check on him. I watched as he tried to lift himself up, but the trainer told him to lay back down.

It felt like years before, Jackson finally stood up and was taken out of the game. I was still in the hug not knowing what I could do now.

I ended up sitting there with Zoey for the rest of the game to see a Cardinal win, but as soon as the game was over we went to area that lead to the club house. I got told that Jackson was getting some test runs with the trainers. I was okay with waiting, but I wanted to be with my fiancé as soon as physically possible.

Everything was clearing, even inside the clubhouse, but Chase hasn't exited yet and neither did Jackson. Rebecca was out there as well waiting for her boyfriend. "Have you heard anything yet from Jackson?" she asked me being very considerate.

"No, not yet. Don't even know if he's still here or not." I was sad, and I knew that everyone could tell that I was.

"Well, I hope that's he's alright," she said to me before she switched her attention to her boyfriend who just came out. "Good game, babe," I heard her say that before they kissed.

Her boyfriend, Daniel, realized that I was there, "Stephane, Jackson's in there still talking to the doctors. You can go in if you want too. I'll show you to where he is." I followed Daniel leaving Zoey behind, and I didn't say a word.

Daniel lead me a barely lit room. The doctor was outside of the room shaking his head. He didn't even notice that me and Daniel was even there, but Daniel got his attention when he said quite quietly, "Hey Doc, this is Stephane, Myls's fiancée."

The doctor looked at me then smiled, "Nice to meet you Stephane, will you be taking care of him?" Daniel left as soon as the doctor started talking, so I was alone.

"Yeah, I will be. So how does it look?"

"He does have a bad concussion. For the next twenty-four hours I ask you to wake him up every two to three hours to make sure that nothing is getting worse. If it does bring him to the hospital quickly so they can check it out for you. The team wants a CT-scan done anyway, so we scheduled him around eleven in the morning if that's alright with you. Dark and quiet places will work wonders for his head right now. He cannot drive, and at this point I don't think he should be with the team since it is so bad right now. Flying to Washington D.C. is truthfully out of the question. He has been vomiting a little bit so if that continues to happens but also getting more frequent, you might want to get him checked out earlier. Here's my card if you have any questions on what you need to do, and if I am needed I will come over to check on him also." He didn't look at me when he finished; however, his glaze hit a one special (needed) Jackson Myls.

The doctor leaded me into the room announcing my presents in a hushed voice. Jackson acknowledged me before the doctor said that he was free to go. Jackson jumped up so quickly that you could tell that it hurt. Dizziness hit instantly onto his face. I grabbed him, supporting his weight as I guided him back out of the club house.