Prologue

Dear My Beloved Children (Jackson Michael Julian Maier the Sixth, Esther Ita Monica Joy, and Jaimee Ambrose Oliver Xavon)

This is the story of your amazing father and me. I know that the three of you will not remember me that much since you will be around four when I died. I already know that I will die so I'm writing this for the three of you so you will always have a piece of me with you, wherever you may go.

I'm telling you my sweet children, that I never wanted to leave you alone in the world with just your baseball-aholic father, but I didn't have much of a choice. I know that he will and have been the best father/mother for you as you grow up in this scary world that we all lived in. I never wanted to leave you ever, and I don't think that I can die happily knowing that you will never have your real mother to raise you.

From the moment that I found out that I was pregnant, I knew that I'll love all of my children until the day that I die... until the end of time itself. If I loved anyone more than your father, it would be all three of you little blessing that I had received. I never wanted to miss a single moment of your life until I had to let go of you when you reached the point where you had to move away. That is the point where you should be now, when you actually receive this collection; your high school graduation.

I hope that all of you had the best lives that anyone can have. I hope that you didn't get into that much trouble since your father and I didn't raise a trouble maker. I hope that you got into the college that you want, and that you know what you want to do with your short lives. Take it from me, before you know it your life will be over. How you spend your life is up to you, but I don't want you to regret anything on your death bed like I am.

I regret not seeing you walk across that stage, not seeing you get married, meeting your children, seeing your father retire, being the best mother that I could be, helping you with your tough homework that you didn't get, and every victory or lesson that you had to learn throughout you lives. I'm starting to realize that I'm going to miss everything that you will remember. I'm so sorry for leaving you, but I'll be waiting for you here in heaven so we can finally meet.

By the way, Congratulation on finally making it to this milestone. Promise me that you will have the best life that you can ever have. I don't want any of you to miss out on any opportunity that you can ever have. Get a degree, find love, and follow your heart toward anything that you want to get in this life.

I pray that your life won't be filled with illness like mine and my family. I don't want you to go through this like I had to. Also, don't wait toward the last moment possible hoping that it would just go away. I could have saved myself, if I haven't had done that myself. Admit that your hurt before it can get too bad that your path is sealed in front of you.

I love all of you so much that I don't want you three to live without one of the two most important things in your early lives, but I guess I don't get to control that.

Love with the greatest apologies,

Mom, Stephane Rose Arnald Myls