Chapter Six | Determination

Viktor yawns and stretches his arms as he walks down the stairs. The restaurant was empty, isolated as the early sun rays radiated down onto the tables through the sparkling windows. It gave the restaurant a shimmery and lightened vibe.

As Viktor was given the permission to use the restaurant's kitchen, he would take that opportunity to make his own breakfast as no one would wake up during these early morning hours, but this time someone did, and she was up before Viktor could come out of bed.

Viktor blinked several times to focus his woozy morning eyes as his blue orbs caught sight of (Y/n), unexpectedly already up, wearing her usual sport outfit, gear as she was currently tying her shoelaces. "(Y/n)..?" Viktor calls her name in a confusing and drowsy tone.

(Y/n) blinks as her ears twitch to his voice, before glancing up towards the voice and sees Viktor, still in his nightwear, rubbing an eye, looking awfully tired.

"Oh, good morning, Viktor." You greet him with a simple smile as you finished tying your shoelaces.

"You're up early today?"

You nod in agreement to Viktor's fact before hoisting yourself off the chair as you casually walked towards the front entrance of the restaurant, before you speak out your final sentence. "A run to the temple and back, then a run around the neighbourhood before towards the rink. I'll see you there." You announced your routine to Viktor, giving him a hint and reminder that it not only yours, but now his morning routine as well before giving him a wink as you exited out the door.

Viktor stared unblinkingly at you with his mouth parted open, even when you left the restaurant. It was definitely a new and unexpected sight to see you motivated to be up before him, his parted lips eventually formed into the smirk. He was starting to like your determination. "See ya' there."

-❆

Hours passed by and within those hours you finished your morning routine. Now you were currently skating around the rink as you were practising some loop jumps. You've been perfecting the jumps quite well lately and you were proud of yourself for accomplishing that. You even achieved perfecting some other difficult and complexed moves. You knew you still had it in you.

But there was one thing that was bothering you for a while. It was your throw jump.

That performance haunted you for life. You soon recovered from that nightmare until Viktor suddenly bring it up into your skating routine. He said he would change the routine for you but you felt so defeated. You didn't want the haunting to continue, you wanted to fight through your nightmare. It might have broken and almost made you lose a leg, but you need to defeat your fear.

Viktor eventually came running into the doors of the rink as he was panting and sweating uncontrollably.

"It..It has been a while since I..exercised like this before." He spoke between his heavy breaths as a chuckle managed to escape him. Tiredly picking up his ice skating shoes before tightly locking his feet into them, he made his way towards you as you had stopped your skating and kept your head down, towards the icy floor.

Viktor slightly tilted his head to the side with his brows curved down when he saw your motionless state. "Is something wrong, (Y/n)?"

You immediately lifted your head back up to see your (e/c) eyes already locked onto his blue pair. "Viktor, please help me do the throw jump. I want to do it for our performance and show everybody what I am still capable off." You showed determination in your eyes and words as your voice almost sounded pleading.

Viktor simply smiled before closing his eyes temporarily as he spoke. "I'm glad you still have that determination in you. I will try my very best to make you perfect the throw jump no matter what, (Y/n)."

Your eyes lit up at his respond and you couldn't help but just jump into an embrace, but you held that urge in with fisted hands. "Thank you!"

"We can start practising it now, eh?"

You instantly nodded without hesitation to his decision.

-❆

The duo practised varieties of throw jumps. One which was where (Y/n) was lifted up into the air, sideways, as her body kept stiff, then she was thrown in mid-air as her body spun several times before she was safely caught by Viktor. It was definitely nerve wracking at times but you managed to push those pessimistic thoughts away and stayed strong.

Your main throw jump took more practice and attempts. Viktor stayed cautious and kept you safe from getting injured, but your emotional fear kept lowering your spirit. But with Viktor's support, you knew nothing could go wrong as he is always there to aid you no matter what.

You very much appreciated Viktor for doing this. It kind of warmed your heart at times and sometimes a weird and unsettling feeling struck through your heart.

-❆

It was already night and you've exhausted yourself and Viktor out. You've been doing well throughout your entire routine and Viktor promised to help you even more tomorrow with your throw jumps until you perfect it. He believed in you and you tried to believe in yourself. You were just lacking some physical trust in him and the throw jump as it is one of your worst fears for the outcomes. But the duo both knew, they could do it and will stop at nothing and win the competition.

❆___________________________________❆

Sorry this chapter is short but the next chapter will be longer and more interesting ;) and the series is slowly coming to an end :')