“Sage don’t be so nice, the shit’s nasty Zac. What did you expect? She’s not a vampire or a werewolf?” Aubrey rolled her eyes and Lana glared at her for being so mean.

“We still have the cake, and we read all of the instructions for this one.” Blaze had a determined look on his face, as if he was magically hoping the cake would be the best ever.

I stuck my fork into the cake and was surprised to see that it was actually moist and soft. I took one bite expecting for the vanilla cake to be a tragedy but it actually was pretty good. It could use a bit more sugar but it was still decent nonetheless.

“Are there any eggshells I should know about before I eat another piece?” I asked not trying to bit something crunchy.

“Nope, we paid attention to Aubrey’s warning,” Blaze replied. We dug into the cake and found nothing wrong with it.

“Well I’m proud of you boys! The cake was an actually success!” The boys beamed proudly, but we still had to order take out. When I walked into the kitchen my jaw dropped, it was burned on one side, and the other wall was caked with food.

“BLAZE, ZAC, and MARK! What did you do to my kitchen?” I yelled outraged. Macaroni was still stuck to the pot, with burnt pieces all around it. The cake pan was practically ruined and don’t even get me started on the counter where I’m sure Zac sat the hot steaks.

Aubrey and Lana came in with their mouths ajar looking at the impossible mess. When the boys finally made their way into the kitchen they had sheepish looks on their faces.

“Sage, we can always hire someone to clean it up,” Blaze smiled as if that would let him go off the hook, but nuh-un not so fast Mr. Business man. All men should know they’ll never win an argument against a woman.

“Nope you guys are going to clean it, you made the mess, and you fix it.” I commanded with a hand on my hip. I tied my hair into a bun and plopped down on the breakfast nook and prepared to watch them clean. Lana and Aubrey joined me not even a minute later, with expectant faces.

“You seriously can’t expect us to do this? We haven’t cleaned a day in our lives; it’s just like the cooking.” Zac whined.

“It’s about time you learned then, now chop-chop this kitchen won’t clean itself.” Lana ordered staring Zac in the eyes, when he gave her the puppy dog look.

Three hours, four water wars, three arguments, and a bottle of Sprite later, the kitchen was cleaned as best as possible. Of course we had to help the boys and we crashed around the living room since the kids took the bedrooms.

The days with Blaze were becoming shorter and shorter, and I wasn’t sure what to do. I was conflicted, on one hand I could tell Blaze I loved him and he would reject me or I could leave when the time came and nothing would happen to me other than utter heartbreak. But I think the latter would be better, since I wouldn’t actually hear the words out of his mouth.

The café was up, but not finished. It would take a couple more weeks for it to be finished, the wiring needed to be done, the windows put in, paint—though I thought Blaze and I could do it, he thought that it would be better if more ‘qualified’ people painted.

Blaze was acting more affectionate if possible, he made sure to be around me everyone moment he could. He even had me coming into the office with him again to ‘help’ him with work, even though it’d turn into make outs as soon as we’d not agree over something. Again the office people were shocked to see me almost ten months later, as if I was just going to disappear—haven’t they read the magazines? But that didn’t matter, because I was going to be gone sooner than they thought. I wasn’t going to actually become a Colton despite what most people thought was going to happen.