Chapter Nine

Wesley's POV

Aeusland is a fiery place. I am thankful we did not bring Kyra here, though I still had my doubts about leaving her there with that woman I've never met. The one thing I am sure of is that this place would have scared her. I had to keep reminding myself she was better off staying with a stranger. The sky was tinted red and the sun seemed to be on literal fire, not a place that I would like to be in for very long.

Prince Davian is getting on my last nerves; I do not trust him or anything that comes out of his mouth. Not to mention, I am not a fan of the way he looks at Odette, nor do I like the way she tries to not look at him. She's not very good at keeping secrets, she never has been.

Mira on the other hand is a welcome, she is very kind and she is helping Od learn more about her magic that I could not. The guilt I feel for not being able to comfort my sister in her time of need is extreme but with Mira falling out of the sky like an angel, the guilt I feel has lessened somewhat. I am just glad that she is starting to know who she truly is, even if I wasn't the one to help her.  

"Are we going to your house?" Od asked Davian.

"More or less." He chuckled back to her.  

"What does that mean?" Mira asked him.  

"I am a Prince here. I live in the Palace." He answered her. Though he seemed to be very kind to her, I knew there was something off about him, I just couldn't quite place it. Nor could I get inside his head to read his thoughts, which only made me think him more suspicious.  

"You're a Prince?" Mira asked him.  

"That's what my Father says." He replied. Sarcastic ass, I thought.  

"Are we going to see your Father?" I asked him.  

"No, he isn't in Aeusland." He answered. I studied his face and I couldn't tell if that made him pleased or not.  

"So what are we doing here, Davian?" I asked, tired of being in the dark about whatever plan he had come up with.  

"This is the last place that Rhys will look for Odette, he thinks me on his side of things. Your amount of distrust for me is growing irritating."  

"Do you really blame me for not trusting you, Davian?" I asked him. He looked at me, his mouth curled in a frown.  

"Honestly, yes, Wesley. I came to you trying to protect your family and all you can do is question my motives." He said, turning his back on me.  

"I want you to tell me why you were aligned with Rhys to begin with." I demanded. I don't care if he's a Prince or not, I need to know the truth, I thought.  

"I cannot tell you that." He said, as if he didn't care that he put my entire family in danger, which only made me angrier.  

"I am sick and tired of your games. Tell me right now, or I am taking my family away from this," I looked around in disgust, "hell world of fire." He turned back around so fast when I said that, I thought me might punch me in the face. I wish you would, I thought.  

"Enough!" He bellowed, the ground shook around me. "I am not who you think, you light fae are no match for me! I will defeat Rhys and protect your family, with or without your allegiance. Trust that, boy."  

"Will you two stop?" Odette chimed in. "Rhys is our only concern at this point, do you not think that more important Wes, than what Davian has done in the past. It only matters that he is helping us now." She said.  

"Odette is right." Davian agreed with her.  

"Do you not think it matters why he would want to help that maniac in the first place?" I asked her, ignoring Davian. Not understanding why, she would feel the need to stick up for this guy. She hardly knows him.