Chapter Six

Odette's POV

All this time I have felt out of place and felt lost in this world. Not knowing where I belong or who I truly was since I am so different than my siblings. I never imagined this outcome, who would if I am being honest. I am a part of another world, the events leading up to me living in this world is still unknown, but I am positive that Mira will fill in the blanks the best she can.

Akarho doesn't seem to trust her for some reason, I can't understand. He also seems to feel somewhat responsible for me, which I have never given him the impression that he is involved in my choices or life decisions, in the slightest. He does seem to care for me though, even if he seems to be lost in his own world. Wes seems to enjoy her; I think that the answers that I am a dark fae instead of cursed with otherworldly dark magic gave him some peace of mind.

Though I'm sure he has his reservations, giving the danger we are all in. The danger that this Warrior is threatening against us.

We start to make our way out of the clearing. I don't know where it is we should go next, maybe back to Whitefall? I know that we need to find my father. The one who raised me. He needs to answer the questions that we now have, he will have no other choice but to. I just hope that we will find him alive and not rotting in a cave somewhere.

"We should leave Gringor." Wes said.

"Where should we go?" I asked him. "We need to find father." I said.

"I know. The Warrior has him. I don't know where though." Wes agreed.

"Well first things first, we need to leave here. We caught the attention of the Unseelie, we need to go. Now." Akarho urged. I looked around and saw why he was so urgent about leaving. We were being surrounded. The court was forming a circle, running away from them was not an option.

"Grab hands!" Wes yelled. I took his hand immediately and grabbed Mira's hand as well. Akarho had a hold of Kyra and grabbed Wes's other hand. The now familiar light surrounded us all and then we were safely back in Whitefall, right outside our family's home there.

"Who were they?" Mira questioned.

"The Unseelie Court, they guard Gringor and its King." Akarho answered.

"What did they want from us?" She asked.

"Better to leave that questioned unanswered, believe me." Akarho said to her, walking away.

"Where are you going Ace?" Wes called after him.

"I'm going home. Where else?" He said. Akarho was aggravated for some reason, but Wes just let him go.

"Is this your home?" Mira asked me. I nodded and showed her inside. She looked around and had a slight glimmer in her eye. I wanted to study the features of her face, my new sister. I was so relieved to have met her, someone like me.

"Mira?" I started. "My magic, it scares me sometimes. The darkness, it has a life of its own, it doesn't always care what I want. Is it like that for you as well?" I asked her.

"When I first received my magic, it was scary at first, yes. But things were different in Dalesh. It seems you are so new to your magical abilities and I have had plenty of time to train them." She answered.

"Different how?" I asked her.

"Well, Father was the one who awakened the magic inside me. I was only ten. Since you had to naturally come into your powers they are untamed and unchecked. It's completely normal for it to have a life of its own accord." She said. I looked down in disappointment of all the things that could have been different.