Christmas with Ryan (A nighiga fanfic)

There was a fireplace at the front of the room and its warmth found its way over to where she and Ryan were. They held mugs of cocoa in their hands as neither of them cared for the british delicacy of tea. Unless it was green tea, then Felicity would have flicked her tongue against her lips in a way which made Ryan's toes curl, and blood rush involuntary to the tip of his cheeks. The cinnamon cookies on the oak table left a sensual aroma in the air. Ryan rested his mug on the table with a soft thump, then his hands wavered over the warm plate on the table before he selected a beautifully decorated heart-shaped cookie and handed it over to the shy girl sitting beside him, but she showed him her occupied hands. 

"Open your mouth then," he taunted as he brought the sweet smelling cookie to her parting lips. 

Felicity bit into the cookie and was acquainted with a burst of crumbling sweetness. She smiled at Ryan. 

"Your turn," she whispered to him and reached to set her mug down. 

"-wait." 

The doorbell was ringing, behind the door they found a choir of young teenage girls. 

"No way!" A girl of about 15 stepped forward. She blinked once, twice, three times. "Y-y-you're..." 

"...Ryan Higa?" Felicity suggested with a grin on her face. His hand found hers and gave it a squeeze. 

"Yes!" The young girl squealed. 

There was a chorus of chatter amongst the girls except for one, the youngest of them all who stared through short curled lashes at Felicity. Her eyes twinkled and reflected the awe that she felt towards the tall girl standing beside her idol. 

"So, are you going to sing for us?" Ryan raised his eyebrows mockingly and gestured towards the sheets in their small hands. 

The youngest girl, Alesha, who had been staring so intently at Felicity, stepped forward and brought her sheet right up to her face, hiding her flushed cheeks. Alesha cleared her throat. 

"One... Two, three,"she counted them in. 

Then they began a rich chorus of carols. Starting with "O little town of bethlehem" and ending with "Joy to the world". 

Felicity clapped her hands in glee after each carol, and "aww"d the cuteness of each and every one of the children. 

The choir giggled at Felicity's overexcited manner. "We should probably start going to the next house...", the dark haired girl mumbled as she dug into the purse hanging across her shoulders. She brought out a glittering christmas card and handed it to Ryan. 

"Merry Christmas," she said shyly and the girls proceeded to leave, Alesha turned around once more to look back at Felicity, who waved them off.

When they stepped back into their apartment, Felicity realised how bitterly cold it had been outside. 

"More cocoa?" Ryan had of course noticed the chattering of Felicity's teeth but she shook her head. 

He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and she layed her head on his shoulders.

Waking up with a sudden jerk, "Shouldn't you be filming a christmas video," Felicity asked. 

Ryan detected the caution in her voice, "Already done. Sean, Will and Greg came around last week and we filmed two videos in a row," he wove his fingers through Felicity's, "We planned it so that we would have this week free. You wouldn't want me to have to work on Christmas Eve, would you?" He whispered the last two words and his breath tickled her ears. 

"...well, actually..." 

Ryan raised an eyebrow. 

"It...It's just that I wouldn't have minded, I guess." 

Ryan was silent for a while, only the crackling of the fire could be heard, he seemed to be debating with himself, and his toes danced as though he longed to pace around the room. 

"What are you thinking of?" Felicity asked? 

"Huh? Me? Oh. Nothing, I just really need to use the bathroom," he laughed and Felicity's face broke into a grin before he excused himself and ran upstairs. 

The room felt empty without Ryan there. Even for those few minutes. The feelings that Felicity had been trying to hide resurfaced. Emotions she had felt before she had known Ryan. Feelings of self doubt, fear, boredom. A red card on the mantle piece on top of the fire place grabbed Felicity's attention. It had been handmade, fringed with a white cotton lace and seemed quite familiar. Opening the card she recognised the handwriting within, it was her own. But she had sent this card years ago, when she had first got into Ryan's videos, why did he still have it... 

"Back!" 

Felicity replaced the card quickly, and turned around to face Ryan. In his hand he held his vlogging video camera, it was pointed at her.

"Oh my gosh, are you filming?!" She shrieked and tried to cover the lense. 

"Isn't this what you wanted," he dodged away from her scrappling fingers and set the recording camera into focus. 

She realised that she had been beaten but Felicity was still ecstatic at the chance of being able to film with Ryan. 

"What should I do?" She asked grinning.

Ryan set the video camera on the coffee table and sat down right in front of it, pulling Felicitity down with him, "We just speak to the camera, as if you were talking to a friend-," he paused, "- a best friend," a smile escaped his lips, "because, truthfully, that's what my lamps are to me, my friends."

It was as if a new light had shone on Ryan Higa as Felicity stared admirably at him. Having heard his animated voice proclaim these words her ears buzzed and her eyes twinkled. 

"You are actually perfect," she whispered to him as she cast her eyes over his appearance and let her fingers trace the length of his jawline. Then she saw the trademark 'fruit ninja' scar on his nose and bent over to lay her lips upon it. Ryan tilted his head upwards instead so that their lips met and the room began to slowly spin for Felicity. She threaded her fingers through his thick dark hair as their kisses became heated and more desperate. Ryan in return tugged at the zip of her jeans.

"But what about the vid-" she reluctantly tried to protest. 

"Two vlogs remember."