New Light at the Academy

Începe de la început

"Welcome to the Grand Academy, students. I know you have a hard time climbing up to the Academy, so I would like to congratulate all of you. This year, I can see a wonderful and bright future for all of you so do your best in your studies. Now, we would like to test each student's strength so we have prepared a small tournament to test your strength,"

Principal Cosmin and Vice Principal Oliver have prepared the students a little tournament to test their strength. The first round was Jessica Kim versus Sena Frostborn. Jessica has the power over sound while Sena has power over ice. Jessica and Sena entered the battlefield prepared to fight each other to show their worthy potential. "Begin!" shouted Oliver. Sena rushed to the side and started shooting icicles at Jessica. Jessica managed to evade them easily. Jessica released a small sound wave directly towards Sena. Sena conjured an ice wall to block the attack.

"Permafrost Wall!"

 The ice wall shattered upon coming in contact with the sound wave. Sena started skiing around the floor that been frozen due to her powers. Sena conjured ice walls and pushed them towards Jessica. 

"Echo Blast!" 

Jessica used her Echo Blast to shatter the walls. Oliver stopped the fight and said "Judgment, thank you for participating in the fight"

 Jessica and Sena both returned to the bleachers and the next students move on.

The second round was Stephanie versus Nemesis. As they enter the battlefield, they wished each other good luck.

 "Good luck"

 Oliver stood at the side and said "Begin!" with a loud voice. Nemesis leaped up and chanted her incantation.

 "Spirit Summon, the Dragon of Flames, Hogen!"

 A magic circle appeared in front of Nemesis and flames emerge from it followed by a dragon. The dragon flew towards Stephanie and the dragon breathed fire towards Stephanie. 

"You are not getting me that easily," said Stephanie while evading the fire.

 Stephanie attacks Nemesis back with an attack of her own. "Force Blast!" Stephanie shoots out a blast of energy hitting the dragon and Hogen faded into yellow particles. 

" I am so sorry I killed your dragon, Nemesis," said Stephanie while running to Nemesis.

 Nemesis chants her incantation again "Spirit Summon, the Maiden of Flowers, Ari!" shouted Nemesis and this time a tall slender lady dressed in flowers emerged and stopped Stephanie from running towards Nemesis.

"My spirits don't die, Stephanie, they return to the Spirit World," Nemesis said to Stephanie while giggling.

 Ari sent a tornado of flower petals toward Stephanie as an attack "Flower Storm!" said Ari.

 "Force Field Shield!" shouted Stephanie forming a barrier around protecting her from the tornado.

 "Oh no" answered Nemesis as she saw Ari's attack failed.

 Oliver shouted "Judgment! The fight is now over, thank you Stephanie and Nemesis for demonstrating your strength,"

A few other fights took part to test the student's strength. Liana was the last student and there was no other student to fight against.

"She doesn't have anyone to fight against her, Cosmin, What will we do? Asked Oliver.

 "I'll test her strength to see if she really is the new light in the academy" answered Cosmin.

 "The final fight will begin shortly. It will be Liana Von Diamante versus the Goddess of the Heavenly Tree, Cosmin" announced Oliver followed by student's gossip about Liana fighting the principal.

 "What! No way!"

 "Impossible!"

 Liana stood there determined to fight although she never understood her own powers. That is the very reason she came to the Academy, to hone her skills and figure out why did she have powers in the first place. Oliver release a blast of energy thus starting the fight.

"Rock Wave!" Cosmin raised her hand and the ground underneath Liana started to shake knocking her up.

 "Heaven's Arrow!" Cosmin shot an arrow of mystical energy towards Liana.

 Liana thinks to herself hard what she can do to avoid it. She is not like the others skilled or whatsoever. "What can I do? Come on Think. Ah ha, I got it" Liana stretched her hands out in front of her.

 "Bright Reflection!" Liana chant and a yellow light flashed and blocked the arrow.

 "Brilliant Strike!" Liana fires a sharp projectile made of light towards Cosmin.

 Cosmin raised her hand and said "Cosmic Reversal" thus the light projectile flew back and hit Liana instead.As the fight continued, Liana keeps getting beaten up by Cosmin's attacks. Liana got back up on her feet and light started to shine from her body.

 Liana rose up even brighter, and Liana asked herself "What is this power surging through my body?"

 The light from her body formed a magic circle in front of her.

"Luminous Shower!" shouted Liana and the magic circle fire off a light beam directly at Cosmin.

 Cosmin stretched out her hand and the beam of light was immediately reflected off. Students were shocked by how Cosmin reflected such a powerful attack. Liana immediately collapsed and Stephen rushed out to catch her. A pink android called Carein enter the hall and brought Liana to the Nurse's office. Everyone quickly rushed to the Nurse's office to see Liana.

At the Nurse's Office

Carein explains why Liana collapsed. 

"Due to her releasing a huge amount of her energy for that last attack, she collapsed but worry not, her energy will be restored soon and she will be okay in a few hours" explained Carein.

 "Thank goodness," Jessica said with relief.

 "We should let her rest first, we'll come back later, " said Ren as they leave the room.

 Carein continues to treat Liana.

The next day, Liana attends her first class, Alchemy. The others asked if she was feeling better and Liana answered.

 "I am all better now, thanks for the concern guys" 

Everyone sat together in class and was so happy together. Liana could see the smiles on her friends face all the time. During recess, everyone sat together. 

"So Liana, how was Alchemy? I made an exploding potion on my first try. How about you?" asked excitedly by Casam.

 "Liana actually made a potion that allows the consumer to look into the future for a short period of time" explained Nemesis.

"Whoa!"

 "No way!"

 Liana started to laugh and said "It was just luck, I didn't know about the correct ingredients" 

Everybody was laughing when a new boy passed by and Liana's hair turned platinum. 

"Liana, your hair, it's platinum. How did you do it?" asked Jessica with a curious tone. 

"I don't know why is it turning platinum but now it's turning back to brown" explain Liana.