There was a sticky note set on top of it, it read, "return to rightful owner." In dad's handwriting. Immediately, I had recognized this as another one of dad's plans to bust me in any way possible; but I wasn't falling for this one. Not again.

I freshened up and changed out, quickly running my fingers through my hair and walking out of my room. As I climbed down the stairs, I heard a familiar voice.

"No, no, no. You're doing it all wrong." Soon, I recognized it was Cora.

"I am?" Dad responded.

I stopped at the crook of the stairs where I could see Cora taking the spoon out of dad's hand and taking it into her own.

"She's on a diet," Cora said to dad, "remember?"

Dad nodded and I watched him as he kept his eyes on Cora as she mixed some vegetables into the pan.

"So are you going to cook for me after the wedding?" Dad asked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She laughed, "aren't you the cook in the house?"

He kissed her cheek softly, "but what if I'm doing it all wrong again?"

"Hopefully," she spun around to face him, "it won't happen again."

I watched as dad kissed her quickly, then said to her, "I love you so much."

She grinned at him, "I love you more."

I love you. Just three words, very easy to say; yet why were they so hard to say?

I. Love. You. Eight letters, which happen to fit perfectly together, just not when you needed them.

I love you, something I think I've been wanting to say, but too afraid that he might not feel the same way to say it.

"I love you." Maybe I just didn't feel it yet.

"He hasn't told you that he loves you yet?" The familiar words rang through my mind. Was he supposed to tell me that he loves me? Because apparently it was long overdue. What if he wasn't ready to say it yet? Or worse, what if I wasn't ready to hear it yet? We both had such different outcomes with love, maybe we didn't want to play with it anymore.

"Oh Kat," Cora spoke, breaking me out of my chain of thought, "hello."

I looked up at Cora and dad who were now setting the food on the table and smiled.

"What are you thinking about?" Dad said to me.

I walked over to the table, sitting down on the seat, "nothing, just the wedding."

"That reminds me," Cora blurted, "we need to check your dress size and final it!"

I nodded as she went on about what I needed to do before the wedding, (which included loosing a couple of more pounds) and how some of her bridesmaids weren't cooperative while choosing a dress. She told me about how one girl almost fought with her, also I had errands I needed to run, just like what dad had told me. So I half listened and half thought about Zayn, he was on my mind a lot nowadays.

After she had finished with her list of demands, dad set down my plate, "alright, let's let her eat first."

I smiled up at him, mentally thanking him for ending that conversation. Looking down at what was in the plate in front of me, I picked up my spoon and started eating.

"Okay then," Cora said, "I've got to run to the grocery mart real quick, we're out of milk."

"You want me to come?" Dad offered but she waved him off as she began to leave the house, "I'll be back in a bit."