Chapter 13 - Little Sauce Head

New title and cover! 💙

Song: Shoutout To My Ex - Little Mix 😍

~~~

Chapter 13 - Little Sauce Head

"'Morning sweetie. I made breakfast," My mom smiles as she places two plates of eggs Benedict on the island counter. I mutter a thanks and sit on the stool, eating wordlessly.

My mind is clueless as I recall what happened last night. It seamed as if he was having a nightmare . . . although I have no idea what the cause could've been.

I decide to shrug it off as I take a sip of my orange juice. "Oh I almost forgot, Ally's son offered to drive you to school today so you don't have to take the bus," My mom says randomly, causing me to abruptly choke on my drink, coughing uncontrollably.

She hands me a cup of water and I drink it in one go. "Are you okay?" She asks me worriedly.

"Just fine," I force a smile just as the doorbell rings, "Well I guess that's my cue." I get up after taking one last mouthful of my breakfast and rush to the front door, slipping my bag on my shoulder.

I greet Alec and he does back, then I get on the motorcycle just after he starts it up.

Once again, I hold onto his waist and shut my eyes tightly. This is almost becoming a routine.

At some point, I feel the wheels stop moving – probably at a traffic light.

"So you really don't like motorbikes huh?" He asks me.

"Really," I simply state.

"Hm. And why's that?"

I hesitate for a second before settling with, "I have my reasons, ".

The rest of the ride is silent, and the glares when we get to school definitely don't go unnoticed by me . . . not sure I can say the same about Alec, though. He's already surrounded by a bunch of other guys, plus the obvious group of fan girls that are always following him around like lost puppies. I swear I could almost see the drool coming out of their mouths. Weird.

*****

First and second period go by in a rush, I wasn't paying much attention to the teacher – just pretending to take notes while I doodle on my binder.

Soon it's lunch time and before I know it I'm walking into the cafeteria with Abby and Lexi.

"So how was you date with Cute Guy?" Abby asks Lexi as we sit at our regular table.

I was so caught up in my thoughts I forgot to ask my best friend about her date! What kind of friend does that?!

"Omg it was amazing!!" Lexi squeals as she starts telling us about her date with Asher.

*****

She was in the middle of telling us how she "accidentally" fell on top of him while he was teaching her how to skate on ice when I felt something cold and slimy being poured all over my head and running down the back of my shirt.

I freeze in shock while my best friend's mouths are on the floor.

The whole cafeteria is silent.

Then they explode.

Wherever I look, everyone's staring right back at me, either laughing their butts off at the scene or in shock. Mostly the former.

I slowly turn and – surprise, surprise – see Ashley and two of her minions smirking, hands on hips, looking accomplished.

"Oops, didn't see you there, little sauce head," she shoots me a sickly sweet smile that's meant to look apologetic. She turns to the crowd.

"Hey did anyone order a slutghetti supreme?"

*****