Chapter 10 - This is So Embarrassing

Chapter 10 – This is So Embarrassing

"So how'd it go?" Lexi asked me as we – me, her and Abby – walked to our next class, physics, obviously referring to lunch with Cooper.

"Terrible. I hated it." I stated simply.

"What?!" They both gaped at me, shocked by my answer, "How? What happened? It couldn't have been that bad!"

I sighed, adjusting the strap of my bag. "Well for one, Ashley was glaring at me the whole time. Two, I was just sat there awkwardly so I didn't even get to eat anything and now I'm starving. Three, Cooper didn't even pay any attention to me except when he... when he..." I trailed off, unsure if I should – could – tell them.

"When he what?" Abby pushed with a weird look on her face.

"...He tried kissing me..." I said sheepishly.

"Okay, what's so bad about that?" Lexi asked, "Look, I know y—"

"On my neck," I blurted, cutting her off before I could regret it.

For the second time that day, they both gaped at me, eyes wide and jaws on the floor.

There was an awkward silence between us for God-knows-how-long so I decided to steer away from the subject and ask about something else. "So! Lexi, how's it going with that Asher guy you were telling me about?"

"Oh yes! Oh my gosh you'll never guess what he..."

*****

I breathe a sigh of relief as the final bell rings signalling the end of the school day.

"Don't forget to do your homework!" The teacher hollered as everyone rushed out the door.

I quickly shoved my things into my bag and ran out, eager to get home and have a long, long nap. I didn't even bother going to my locker, I just went straight out the main doors and into the parking lot.

I walked for a few minutes before I reached the nearest bus stop and sat down on the metal bench, plugging in my earphones and putting my music on shuffle.

After a few minutes of waiting the bus finally arrived and I got on quickly. I handed the bus driver some money and sat down on the nearest chair. Closing my eyes and laying my head back, I slowly drifted asleep.

*****

"Ma'am," I hear a voice say, "Ma'am please wake up." I ignored the voice at first but when they didn't stop, I got annoyed. "What?!" I snapped angrily. I opened my eyes and was taken aback by my surroundings. In front of me stood a middle-aged man whom I immediately recognized as the bus driver. I'm still on the bus? Oh my God! I must've fallen asleep and didn't wake up when we arrived at the bus stop near my house! I looked out the window beside me and saw a row of busses outside a large building which had an old clock tower. I must be at the Central Bus Station. It looks like it's getting dark outside. How long was I asleep on the bus? I'd better get home as soon as possible before my mom comes back from work and realizes I'm not home from school yet.

I looked down and saw my phone on my lap, earphones still plugged into it. I pressed the home button but nothing happened, so I figured the battery died from the non-stop music.

I remembered the bus driver towering over me with his arms crossed and quickly looked at him, "I'm so sorry." I apologized for snapping at him. He made a grunt noise, completely ignoring my apology, and said, "I'm already thirty minutes late in getting home because of you, so why don't you go home already?" Wow. Rude, much? "Come on, chop-chop!"

I got up and took my phone and bag then speed-walked outside, down the pavement and through one of the side doors of the station.

I sighed. Now what?

I decided to call someone from my phone to pick me up so I shuffled through my bag till I found my power bank/ travel charger/ whatever you want to call it. I plugged my phone in then sat down on a nearby bench and waited a few minutes for it to charge before turning it on. I'm immediately bombarded with missed calls and messages from Lexi, Abby, Mom and an 'unknown number'.

I quickly checked the ones from Abby which basically consisted of her trying to persuade me to go to the party – Lexi freaking out about her date with Asher – and Mom telling me to pick up some milk and toast from the local market. I ignored the ones from Abby and Lexi and sent a quick 'okay' to my mom so she doesn't get mad at me for not texting her back. Then I opened the unknown number and immediately realized who it was.

 Then I opened the unknown number and immediately realized who it was

I scrolled up and saw the message from before, so I'm sure it's Alec. How did he even get my number anyways? Lexi must've given it to him while I was tidying his stuff. Ugh.

I replied to him saying,

Ugh why am I even telling him all of this? This is so embarrassing!

A few seconds later my phone started vibrating in my hand and flashing Alec's number on the screen. I accepted the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Stay right where you are, I'll be there in ten." He rushed, sounding out of breath, and then hung up before I could protest.

I sighed and went onto my contacts, added his number, then pressed the call button.

"You do not have enough credit to make this call. You do not ha—,"

Dang it. I forgot to top up.

Oh well, at least I'll get a free ride home.

*****

----------------------------------------------------

A.N. ||  I tried to make it long. I really did. You can blame writer's block. :x

I don't have much to say except: Yay! I got a new phone for my birthday and it actually works! :)

Dedicated to: BellaHartley11 for voting on this book :)

Oh, and also, I feel really bad for Justin and I miss him on Instagram, but I'm on #TeamSelena LOL :P (check external link if you want).

~L.H Ariel ♥