Chapter 4 - Read it Yourself, Lucky Girl

Chapter 4 – Read it Yourself, Lucky Girl

"So what did Alec tell you last night?" I ask my best friend. We are walking to school and chatting among each other. Lexi ended up staying the night. She already had a stash of clothes at my house because she stays there so much, and on our way we stopped at her house to pick up her books and PE clothes. She's in a really good mood since she's been smiling the whole way, occasionally skipping and twirling. God, I love her.

"Well.." She says slowly, "He said that Asher told him that there's a girl he likes and he said she looks just like me!"

"Oh, and that he's going to ask him directly what she's called, and if he says it's Lexi then Alec's going to try to set us up!" She squeals.

"Aww, I'm so happy for you!" I tell her, and I mean it—I truly do. But at the same time I feel a bit jealous of her, her crush most likely likes her back. Whereas my crush hasn't even noticed me before. I'm just the outcast, the unpopular nerd who no-one knows. Although it's frustrating, I like it this way—I never really understood what all the fuss about being popular was. I mean, after you graduate high school there won't be a difference between the popular and unpopular kids. Well except for their future. Some popular kids don't care about their future at all. They think that as long as you have money and fame, you can have anything you want. Sadly, it's not like that. No offence to the very few popular kids who try their best in everything, but there are hardly any of those here at Dartwell High.

"Are you okay?" Lexi's voice snaps me out of my trance.

"I'm fine." I reply with a smile.

"Okay." She says tossing her books into her locker.

"I didn't even realize we were at school already. I sigh and copy her actions, closing my locker with a small 'bang'.

"What's that?" Lexi asks.

"What's what?" I say confusedly.

"That," She points to my locker. I turn around and see a piece of folded paper stuck in between the gaps on my locker. Wow, I'm so unobservant today.

"I don't know." I mumble before taking the paper in my hand and unfolding it slowly. I'm surprised when Lexi snatches it out of my hands and unfolds it quickly.

"What was that for?" I ask her.

"You were taking too long, slowcoach."

Typical Lexi.

I watch her intently as she reads whatever is written on the note. She gasps and her jaw drops on the floor, eyes wide.

"What is it?" I'm really confused right now. What could cause her to look so shocked? I hope it isn't anything bad.

Her open mouth turns into grin, "Read it yourself, lucky girl."

...What?

I take the note and realise it's a letter, addressed to... me?

~~~~~

"Hey Cassidy,

So I'm having a party tonight and I wanted to invite you. It would be great if you could come. It's at my house, 124 Jacksonville Drive. Hope you make it, you can bring a friend if you want.

~Cooper x"

~~~~~

WHAT?!? Cooper invited me to his party?! Cooper as in the Cooper? Cooper as in my ultimate crush since fifth grade? And he put a kiss at the end!