Chapter 8 - I'll Make it up to You, I Promise.

A.N. || Hey so I know I'm like a week late for the due update but tbh you (readers) didn't complete the goals I put in the last author's note chapter so I think that's kinda fair that you had to wait longer. Muahahahaha! Just kidding I love you all! Yes, even you!

So anyways I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than usual but I literally had no time to write anything down the past month. Yes, I was busy for a whole month, and I have my reasons.

(Btw, you have my mum -who insists I help her from 3pm till 7:30pm in cooking a grand meal that's different everyday then washing all the dishes and cleaning the kitchen afterwards while she goes out for a coffee with my dad- to blame.)

Now, enjoy!

Chapter 8 - I'll Make it up to You, I Promise.

This boy standing just five feet away from me, is the same boy who bullied me for a whole year when I was 10? He couldn't be! ...Could he? But, I thought he was gone for good! I thought he said that he was leaving to New York forever! New York... Isn't that were Alec said he used to live? Well now that I think of it, they do have the same brown hair and hazel eyes... But his name was Alexander Ryder, not Alec Ryder! They have the same surname but...but... Gah! It has to be him - the same arrogant boy - the same cocky attitude, and the same perfect little nose that always pissed me of! It really is him, isn't it?

I turned away and stormed off angrily. That jerk!

"Wait! Before you go,"

"What?!" I snapped, turning back.

"Uh...Be careful of Cooper, I-I don't think he wants you any good.."

"What do you mean he doesn't want me any good?" I sneered, "He's my boyfriend! Besides, it's none of your bee's wax - it's not like you did me any good before! All those years of BULLYING me, and now you come back and act as if nothing ever happened?! You're such a-a...a hippopotamus!"

He looked at me with a confused face for exactly 2.14 seconds then burst out laughing... And I don't mean a little chuckle - I'm talking a throwing-head-back-and-clutching-stomach-while-laughing-hysterically kind of laugh.

"Hippopotamus!? ... I think ... you ... you mean ... a ... hypocrite," He said in between laughs.

I tried not to get distracted - I really did... But his laugh, it's just so...so...hot! I mean, just look at him - his head was thrown back so much I could see his Adam's apple clearly; his laugh was so loud and husky all-the-same, ringing in my ears; his mouth was stretched in a wide grin, showing off his dimples... Wait, he has dimples? Aww! That's so cute!

Waaaiit! Hold on a minute! Did I just call Alec Ryder - my childhood bully and archenemy - cute and... HOT?! What is wrong with me? Focus! You're meant to be angry!

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts then glared at him. "Whatever," I mumbled and proceeded in helping myself out.

"Hey, wait! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay?" He said catching up to me, his laugh now dying away quickly. "No, not okay." I said turning back round to face him. His eyes suddenly squinted, a mischievous glint in them. Cue the signature smirk, except - this time it was a little...a little...challenging?

"Well, how can I make it up to, Missy?"

"Well," I started, "First of all, do. not. call me that again. Secondly," I put on a sickly-sweet smile, "You can't."

"There's gotta be someway...?" He asked unsurely. His face lighted up with an idea after a few seconds. He snapped a finger and opened his mouth to speak, but his face suddenly turned serious and grave and he shut it again.

"Cassidy.." He said after a while. I felt the urge to point out how he finally used my real name for once but the tone of his voice kind of scared me so I shut up and hummed in response. "I'm...I'm going to show you something that no one else knows about...I'll make it up to you, I promise." So I watched, eyes wide, as he strolled over to his closet and came back a few moments later holding something behind his back...

*****

----------------------------------------------------

A.N. || Hope you all liked it! Dedicated to JoPRBooks ♥♥ Ily!!

QOTD: What's your opinion on this book so far?

And please, PLEASE don't forget to vote and comment, I really love it when you do, it makes my day. :)

Don't be a silent reader!!

~L.H Ariel ♥