Chapter 5 - Will You Be My Girlfriend?

Chapter 5 – Will You Be My Girlfriend?

"Are you sure this is it?" I ask her unsurely. "Yes, I'm sure. This is the address that was on the invite," She tells me.

"Who throws a party on a Tuesday night, anyways?" I complain.

"Your crush" That shut me up.

After about twenty minutes of looking around for an available space, we finally found a parking lot and are now stood in front of a really big house—no, a mansion—staring at it in awe.

Besides the fact that it's ten times bigger than my house, it's just like I imagined—music blasting out from inside, drunken teenagers passed out in the front yard, red solo cups scattered everywhere, the occasional couple making out. Just like in all the books I read over the summer.

We walk up the driveway trying to avoid all the bodies lying on the ground. When we finally reach the front porch I lift my hand ready to ring the doorbell—although I doubt it would be heard over the music—but the door swings open, revealing no other than Cooper himself.

"Hi," He says, flashing me his heart-melting, leg-weakening grin. I've been waiting for this moment for years now, when he would finally talk to me, even just a simple 'hi'. It takes a moment for me to register that I haven't answered him and that I'm stood here just staring at him.

He probably thinks that you're a creep and wishes he never invited you.

Oh, crap!

"H-Hey," I stammer back. Dang it, I'm meant to be acting cool and unaffected, not nervous and stutter-y.

Is that even a word? I don't think it is. But it might be all the same. Maybe it's a word but it hasn't been invented yet, I could be famous!

You're getting distracted again!

"I see you brought a friend along?" He says, fortunately snapping me out of my crazy-minded thoughts, looking at Lexi.

"Uh, yeah.. This is Lexi, my best friend. Lexi, I'm sure you know Cooper." I smile, gesturing between them both. It feels strange introducing them to each other when I only just met Cooper too.

"Nice to meet you,"

"You too,"

"Okay, who wants a drink?" He asks us.

"I'll pass," I say at the same time Lexi says, "Me, please."

He leads us to the kitchen and we trail behind him like lost puppies, trying our best not to get knocked over by anyone and to avoid looking at all the kissing, making out and grinding going on in the room.

I keep my head down and follow Cooper's legs a couple more feet forward. Unfortunately, I collide into someone and fall to ground in pain.

"Watch where you're going." He complains gruffly. I watch him as he takes a cup of cherry vodka from the table next to him, and before I can process what he's doing, he slashes the contents of the cup in my direction. In a split second, Cooper jumps in front of me, causing the pink liquid to stain his white shirt.

"I'm so sorry, man. I swear I didn't mean to.."

"That's no way to treat a lady," Cooper spits at him angrily. I watch with wide eyes as he punches him and the guy stumbles back and trips over. I'm very aware that the music has stopped and all eyes are on us, making me feel extremely uncomfortable.