I shake my head, being honest with him. "Like shit."

He smiles faintly. "Well at least you still have your sense of humor."

It was then I realized that I wasn't really in a hospital. I was sitting in some type of office room with just the hospital bed and the IV bag, along with a couple of other unknown hospital equipment. I clearly wasn't really in a hospital, but where I was, I had no idea.

"What happened?" I ask first, shaking my head slightly, hoping to trigger some memories.

He takes a deep breath. "We were going to put an end to the metahuman reverse drug, but then you were hit by it..."

I flinch in that moment, the memory of the feeling of my skin burning coming across my mind. "W-How long have I been out?"

"About three days, but you're going to be okay," he nods, looking over his shoulder as if he was expecting someone to walk through the door.

I widen my eyes. "Three days? Are you kidding me-"

"That's not what you should be worried about," he fades out, his eyes finding the floor for some reason I didn't know.

My gut twists tightly when I remember the lady from earlier...before I had passed out. "Did she fix me?"

"She can't fix you," Jay breathes, sounding sincerely and utterly sorry for me. My heart sinks at the sound of his sentence, not being able to believe it. That was when I looked across the room and focused on the flower pot sitting there, telling myself to raise it up off the table, but it doesn't even move an inch. "Something about your body chemistry-"

"No," I say sternly, turning and looking back at Jay. "No...there is a way to reverse this, there has to be. I don't care what it takes, I...I need my powers back!"

"I've tried everything Raven," he tells me, reaching out and resting his hand on mine. "I've forced every scientist, doctor, hell, anyone around to try and help you, but they couldn't, and now they're stone dead. There's no reversing this."

And then, for the first time in years, I burst into tears.

-*+*-

Present

Everything was crashing into me in this moment.

After the visit to my doppleganger's grave site, it made me realize a couple of things. Not only did it make me realize that me being here in Barry's life was nothing close to what I wanted for him, but I also realized that all of those times my heart fluttered or my stomach churned at the sight of Barry was because I felt something for him. To an extent, I wasn't sure what that something was, but I knew that it was something that didn't make me want Barry to die.

And that was what really crashed into me. I had to make a choice between Jay or Barry, and I didn't want to. Jay saved my life and taught me everything I know...Barry was just some...crush. I didn't want to lose either of them, but I knew I was going to have to make a choice or else I'd lose them both.

After Iris and I had parted ways, I sat and thought long and hard about what I wanted. Emotions like these was something I've never really experienced before, and I hated it. I hated feeling something for someone other than one person, especially when that person was someone that didn't deserve me...someone that deserved better than me. Someone who wasn't the villain.

I decided to be smart about this. I knew that I was going to lose Barry no matter how I told him the truth, but some glimmer of hope inside of me had a feeling that if I were to apologize and really mean it, then maybe...just maybe he'd understand. Despite all of the trust issues that Barry has had to go through, I believed that he would understand. He had to understand.

As for Jay...I didn't know what to do. I can't lose him...I knew that much. I just wished that I could see him and tell him everything that has happened over here, but I knew he'd curse me for it. He told me not to love and not to trust. I did just that, and I can't take it back...even if I can go back in time.

So here I was now, my mind all made up as I marched down the hallway at S.T.A.R. labs, searching for Barry. When I was to find him, I knew I was going to tell him the truth. The whole truth. Not just the reason I was here, but that I cared for him too.

I feel my heart skip a beat when I turn the corner and see Barry walking away from me, walking with sort of a fast pace and a wide step. I swallow the lump in my throat as my voice croaks out, starting to take off towards him at a jog. "Hey, Barry!"

He stops abruptly as I catch up to him, stopping as I breathe heavily. I must be running out of the speed force again. He doesn't turn to look at me...not yet. "Barry, I-I just wanted to talk to you about last night-"

I don't get to finish my sentence as he's suddenly turning and scooping me up off of my feet, racing me somewhere that I wasn't aware of. My heart flutters in that moment, and I couldn't tell if I was angry that he cut me off or that I was happy because well...I mean Barry Allen was holding me and taking me somewhere I didn't know about. Wouldn't you be happy too?

However, my happiness is short lived when all of a sudden he throws me onto the floor, causing me to roll twice before hitting something. When I slowly opened my eyes and was met with a blue padded wall, I knew exactly what this was.

I scramble to my feet as I look all around me; walls everywhere, except for one glass frame. When I finally realized that I was standing in one of the cells down in the pipeline, I turned to look out of the window, being greeted by a glass frame between Barry Allen and myself.

He was more than angry. He was almost...he was borderline insane looking. It wouldn't have surprised me if foam started to come out of his mouth. "Barry? What is this-"

"Raven Volt isn't even your real name," he shakes his head, spit flying out of his mouth as he spoke. "Raven Black is your name, isn't it?"

My voice gets caught in my throat. "What? Barry-"

"Or maybe you don't even go by Raven," he spits at me, clenching his fist before walking over to the glass, pressing his hand against the glass as he utters the name that sounded foreign to me now.

"I guess I should call you Silver Trickster."

-*+*-

AH MAN RAVEN, WHATCHA DO NOW?

ACK this book is getting close to ending and I can't figure out how I feel about that quite yet...I hope to make the ending memorable so there's that.

don't forget to vote and comment!