Chapter 4

Joanne's POV

"Hey Molly." I said as we all entered her lab.

"Hey guys, what can I do for you?"

"We need to see the bodies, all four." Sarah explained. Molly nodded and led us into another room where four bodies laid on the tables.

"Let's look at the most recent one." Sherlock stated, pulling back the sheet from one of them. "Male in his mid 40s."

"I'd say 20s." Sarah cut in.

"Why would you suspect that?"

"Look at his hair, if he was in his 40s it would have some gray in it and may look a bit faded, plus his teeth are perfectly white and straight. No one in their 40s looks this good."

"She's right." Molly commented while Sherlock just glared at Sarah. Well someone doesn't like being proven wrong. Sarah then walked over to every body pulling back the sheet and examining it then moving on to the next one.

"All have eight cuts on each arm and leg, an 'x' carved into their forehead, and an 'LH' carved into the roof of their mouth." she stated. I notice her slip something into her pocket.

"How do you find out so much so quickly?" John asked, Sarah smirked.

"'Cause I'm Sarah Harvey and I know everything." I chuckled, gotta love this girl.

"What about her, aren't his victims usually men?" I asked.

"I'd say mid 20s."

"No, 30s, see those scars? She had a face lift." Sherlock explained.

"Usually when he changes up the game it means a new puzzle for us to solve." I explained.

"You seem to know a lot about him." Sherlock stated suspiciously.

"Well, we all used to be-" I began, but Sarah interrupted me by saying "What happened in Vegas stays in Vegas."

"What happened in Vegas?" John asked.

"What the bloody hell did I just say!?!?" Sarah exclaimed walking out the door.

"She doesn't like to talk about it." I explained walking towards the door.

"See you tonight!" John called. I walked down the hallway only to run into Sarah.

"You're going on a date with John?"

"Yeah, why?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well your relationship is moving fast."

Johns POV

After the girls left we finished up before going back to our flat.

"Where are you taking Joanne tonight?"

"Not sure, I was thinking the cinema."

"Boring! Take her to La Maison Doree (made up place and that is French), the owner owns me a favor. I'll call and make you reservations," Sherlock replied reaching for his phone. Normally when Sherlock acts this nice he's up to something, but since he had been acting super queer for the past two days I let it slide. "You better get ready, you have to pick her up in twenty minutes"

I looked at the clock to see he was right and rushed to my room.

Joanne's POV

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?"

"Joanne, I'm not a child."

"Yes, but every time I leave you alone I come back to find a mess!" I exclaimed. Sarah didn't even look up, she had been on her cell phone all after noon. "Who are you texting anyways?"

But before she could answer there was a knock at the door and she jumped up racing to open it.

"Oh look, it's John, fantastic! You two have fun and don't forget to use protection." she called before racing out the door.

"Well that was...."

"Be glad she didn't have a gun in her hand." I laughed at John's expression. He smiled.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep." We walked out to the streets grabbing a taxi to, well, I wouldn't know 'cause John wouldn't tell me! We finally arrived and my jaw dropped when I saw the restaurant.

"You got reservations here!?!" I exclaimed as we walked in, John laughed.

"Hi, I have a reservation for two under Holmes." John told the receptionist politely.

"Umm, I have a reservation for three under Holmes." he replied.

"That can't be right."

"Yes, well, I decided to join you two. Maybe Joanne will be willing to share more information than Sarah." We both turned to see Sherlock.

"Sherlock..." John growled.

"No John, it's fine, besides he's just wasting his time." I simply stated. The waiter led us to our table and handed us our menus.

"So how did you and Sarah meet?" John asked as the waiter walked away with our orders.

"We grew up together since our parents were good friends, and we were neighbors." I explained.

"Why did you decide to move to London?" Sherlock asked.

"Vegas held to many painful memories, especially for Sarah. We needed a fresh start." I replied.

"Who is Sarah with?" Sherlock growled. I was confused until he motioned for me to turn around, and that's when I saw Sarah having dinner with him.