18. The first DENT

Start from the beginning

Mr. Nair – Umm..Manik...listen here's the thing...how should I put it forward..!!

Manik – Just the way it is sir...what is it..??

Mr. Nair – Actually the thing is that only YOU have been selected for the competition and not the entire FAB5..!!

Manik – What..but why...I mean as far as I remember, we auditioned as a band and not as individuals,,!!

Harshika – Yes your first audition was a band but actually we are looking for single artist and not a band at the moment..and that is why we asked you guys to sing again individually at the end..!!

Nandini – No offence Ma'am,

Harshika – Call me Harshika please..I am not that old

Nandini – Ok, So Harshika, as far as I remember, the competition aims at identifying the best talent and it no where mentions that the hunt is for single artists only..

Reyaansh – Are you a part of the band too..??

Nandini – No I am not but I am a close friend...and it is just a query that I thought of clarifying..!!

Reyaansh – Yes the talent hunt rules nowhere has any such limitations explicitly mentioned and that is partly because any such clause is not that necessary because lets just face it, there aren't many bands in the country and even if they are, the fallout of the band is too common and we do not want get into any trouble later on for signing a band.

Nandini – Well sorry to say, I think you are presuming a lot of things here, many of which are and will never be true especially in case of FAB5..!!

Harshika – But then still it is a risk that we donot wish to take and so here we are infront of you two with the offer of earning an individual identity for your own self..Congratulations..!!

Manik – I am sorry but I can't take this...FAB5 is band..we have our individual careers for our personal identities...but when it comes to music, we are not individuals but a band..and therefore, if it is about music projects, we would do it together as a band only..!!

Reyaansh – Well Mr. Nair you were right..(Manik and Nandini looked at him amazed)..He told us beforehand that you wouldn't accept the offer but I am sorry this is what we have for you as of now...I agree you band is phenomenal but as Harshika said it is a risk.. But Gentleman, this offer is really fantastic and I would urge you rethink the whole thing and then comeback...You can tell us about your decision in a couple of days.

Saying this Reyaansh and Harshika left the office leaving Manik and Nandini with Mr. Nair.

Mr.Nair – Manik I know this is a tough call but I would still suggest you to think about it once.

Manik – I am sorry sir but there are certain things that are just not possible and singing without FAB4 is one of them.

Mr.Nair – Life is too long and complicated to stay as is...remember change is the only constant.. Donot make any decision in haste

Nandini – We shall take your leave sir and will let you know the decision too in case it changes.

Saying this Manik and Nandini moved to the canteen to meet their friends. As soon as they reach the table, everyone bombarded them with questions. Manik explained them the conversation that took place in Mr. Nair's office.

Cabir – Manik I think you shouldn't have rejected the offer..it is a great deal dude..!!

Manik – Shut up Cabir.. Offers come and go.. If not today we would definitely crack an album someday.. Let's not get worked up..!!