Part 1

Arnav Singh Raizada stared out of the window beside his desk. The clear navy blue sky seemed like someone had spilled shimmer over it and had drew marvelous art using the sky as the canvas. Situated on the 31st floor, his cabin surely boasted of one of the best views one could enjoy.

For a normal observer, Arnav Singh Raizada had everything one would want. He had married love of his life, was one of the top businessmen of the world and was blessed with good health. But the man in question himself would deny the claims with a regretful sigh. He had married the love of his life but the marriage proved to be the root of all his worries. It began to make him lose focus over his business and soon his health started deteriorating.

A knock on his door interrupted Arnav's peaceful gazing of the world on the other side of the glass. Sighing deeply at his recently developed lack of focus, Arnav granted the permission to enter. Arnav's secretary, Anita, walked into the room, following his words.

"ASR, it is quite late. Can I leave for the day? My mother asked me to return home early after listening to the recent rape case in this street," she said, her eyes stuck to the ground, hoping that her boss would not shout. His mood had begun to fluctuate to extremes over the past few days and she did not want to be on the receiving edge of the negative extreme of his emotional range. 

Anita's words made Arnav glance at his watch to realize that the hour hand of the watch had crossed the number nine quite long back. He had been staring outside for so long?

"Sure, Anita. Convey my apologies to your mother for keeping you in office for so long. I will ask for a company cab to drop you at your residence. You can leave at seven-thirty everyday unless the schedule dictates otherwise and every time the schedule keeps you here for longer than that, the company takes the responsibility from now on," he said, standing up and pulling the intercom to dial the reception to call the cab.

Anita was relieved to see his calmer side. He could be so sweet if he wants, she thought as she smiled widely at him.

"Thank you so much, ASR. No need to call the cab. I will be fine. My boyfriend came to pick me up," she said, her eyes lighting up with the mention of her boyfriend. Lucky bloke, thought Arnav with despair flooding his mind.

"Fine then. Good night, Anita. Bye," he said suddenly and walking away from the room as he picked his phone from the desk.

Anita stood floundered, wondering what had happened to her boss suddenly. Deciding that she would not be able to understand her boss ever in her life, Anita left the room after switching off all the electronics in the room, with a smile on her face, expressing her eagerness to spend time with her boyfriend.

---------------------------------------------

"What have you done to my son that he jumps at the mention of getting the vaccination done, Dr.Khushi Gupta? He just loves you," said Rachna, clutching her son to her chest.

"It's just my charm, baby. Aur Rahul and Mausi have a secret, don't we Rahul?" asked Khushi, looking at the chubby child with adoration and affection, who reciprocated her emotions with the same intensity.

Rahul bobbed his head as an answer to Khushi's question. Khushi raised her hand towards him for a high-five which felt more like gentle touch to Khushi.

"Do you plan on sharing the secret? Ever?" questioned Rachna, feigning her anger at her best friend.

"Arre Rachna, it is called a secret for a reason. You know, I am a very trustworthy person. I know how to keep my secrets," joked Khushi, winking at Rachna.

It tugged at Rachna's heart to see Khushi's child-like behavior. Khushi could keep her pain as a secret from others but not her best friend who had unknowingly been the reason of her pain.

"I know of that very well. You are so proficient in keeping your secrets that you don't let others know that you are in deep pain. Why don't you move on, Khushi?" Rachna asked, clutching Khushi's arm.

Rachna's question made the smile on Khushi's face fade away. Her expressions began matching her internal pain, which was hidden in a corner of the heart which was dedicated to someone who made her forget everything which she had learned. Khushi reminded herself that she was seated in front of her pseudo-sister who was analysing her facial expressions and gained control of herself.

"Who told you that I did not move on? Remember Akshay, my boyfriend?" reminded Khushi, with a smile playing on her lips.

"We both know that it is just for show, just as your smile, Khushi. Till when would remain lost in his thoughts? I guess it is all my fault. It is because of me that you both met and..."

"Mumma, it is time for my favorite cartoon. Let us go home!" said Rahul, cutting his mother's statement in half.

"I think you should go, Rachna. Trust me, I am fine," assured Khushi, her heart mocking at her for overusing that phrase when it was false. She stood up to make sure that she makes Rachna leave.

"But.." Rachna tried to argue but stopped seeing Khushi's pleading expression.

"I will leave for now but we are having this discussion soon," Rachna said, as she walked out of the room.

Khushi slumped back onto her chair. She pulled one of the drawers of her table to reveal a photo which reflected her teary face. It was the photo clicked at the ramp walk at their last day of secondary high school. What she had thought would vanish away along with his presence, continued to be what influenced her the most in her life.

While she clutched the photo close to her heart and smiled at the memory of being in his arms, the destiny wondered if there was a paradox more complex than in the case of Arnav Singh Raizada. On one hand he had a person who still loved him without any limits and on the other, he was in love with someone who cared only about the limits which defined him and his position.