Chapter 81

A vehicle could be heard slowly approaching us. We were in the back yard, Niall played with the boys as I watched, too out of breath and too tired to participate. "Riley, Finley we should go see who's here," I directed. Niall and I knew who it was supposed to be but we hadn't told the boys, letting them be surprised.

We walked to the front of the house and waited for the person in the car to step out. However I was surprised when three doors opened instead of just the one I was expecting.

"Uncle Liam!" Riley screamed when he saw Liam, taking off running and jumped into his arms.

"What about me, don't I get a hug?" Louis complained until Finley took off to hug him.

"I guess I'll say hello to that godchild of mine," Harry said as he walked towards me. "How are you feeling Erin?" He asked while giving me a hug.

"I'm ready to have this kid, I'm tired of being pregnant, but other than that I'm doing okay."

"No you still have four weeks to go," Niall objected. He stood beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Why don't you be pregnant this last month then?" I asked. My feet were swollen, at least that's what I'd been told since I lost sight of them long ago, and I had to pee almost every hour at this point.

When the boys were done greeting their uncles, everyone walked inside. We gathered in the living room as the boys hung onto their uncles.

"I didn't think you were going to make it?" I said to Liam and Louis. Harry had told us he was coming to visit but when we invited the others, they were unsure if they were going to make it. Liam was unsure of leaving his family especially since his baby was due in only a few months, and Louis's wife wasn't going to let him leave.

"Well we heard someone is turning three years old, and someone else has his first football game so we couldn't miss that."

"Uncle Louis, it's called soccer here. I have my first soccer game," Riley explained.

"Right I'm sorry. Someone has his first soccer game." Louis emphasized the word soccer to show his disgust but Riley smiled proudly.

"The wife kicked me out saying they were going to have a girl's weekend with her mum before the baby comes. She tells me I'm getting on her nerves being in the house all the time and because we just found out we are having a boy." He smiled proudly.

"I'm so happy for you Liam!" I cheered.

"What about you Louis, I thought you said your wife didn't want you to come?"

His head dropped and he looked at his feet. "She didn't." There was a long pause. "And that is why we are no longer together and I filed for divorce."

"Mommy what's a divorce?" Riley questioned.

"Um a divorce is when two people no longer get along and decide they no longer want to be married," I tried to explain. "Oh Louis I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

"What happened?"

"After we got married she just changed. She never let me go anywhere without her, I couldn't even go out to have drinks with friends. When she started demanded we try to have a baby, I really had to think if I wanted us to." It must be serious because I knew how much Louis wanted to have kids, and now for him to think they shouldn't was really not like him. "And when she didn't want me to visit you guys I was done. You have been my friends for 10 years." He looked up. "Enough about me, how have you guys been?"