Chapter 9

Walking into the bathroom I looked longingly at the tub, but I only had an hour so I decided on a shower. Turning on the water to allow it to heat up, I stripped off my clothes. Grabbing a few towels I sat them on the bench outside the shower before stepping under the hot spray. All kinds of hair products, scrubs, and soaps lined the shelf in the shower. 

Smelling a few of them I decided on a light minty scented one. Lathering up my hair I scrubbed all the dirt and grime from the last few days out of it. Finishing washing my hair and body I walked out of the shower wrapping my hair up in one towel and then one around my body. The rose-colored towels were plush and soft as I dried off. 

Heading into the massive closet I looked for something simple to wear. After picking through some of the drawers I found some undergarments and a pair of fitted jeans. Slipping those on, I pulled a white sweater from one of the hangers. It felt like a cloud it was so soft. Everything fit perfectly, Ryker guessed my size correctly. Pushing thoughts of that away I found a pair of shoes. Slipping on the boots I went back into the bathroom. 

Sitting at the vanity I brushed out my long golden waves, applying some sweet-smelling lotion I looked myself over in the mirror.  My cheekbones stood out harshly and my under eyes had deep shadows. Years of neglect had left me nearly frail. Quickly I looked around the table finding some creams and simple makeup. Touching up my face I tried to bring more life into my pale skin. 

Finally satisfied I headed back into the main room, glancing at the clock on the wall I saw I had fifteen minutes before dinner. My stomach growled at the thought, it had been so long since I had regular access to food. Jacob always limited what I had and would use food to punish me, letting me go days without anything to so much as drink sometimes. His horrid face appeared in my mind the snarl of his mouth as he would scream at me. Shaking my head I tried to think of something else. I can't let my life be ruled by him anymore. 

Trying to distract myself I walked over to the wall of windows, I hadn't noticed before but the window on the end was a door. It led out to a small balcony. Quickly I pulled it open letting in the fresh mountain air. It was cold but it made me feel alive. Stepping forward I grasped the railing looking over the landscape. Leaning over the edge I looked down, this side of the castle sat on the overhand of the mountainside. Below me, the first stretched on with a small winding road cutting through it in sections. 

Walking to the other corner of the balcony I saw that there was a wall between the windows, that door didn't lead back into my room. Peaking inside the window I saw a large fireplace with a tv above it. A couch sat across from it. There was also a small dining table and kitchen in the far corner. These must be Ryker's rooms, they look a lot like mine except in the reverse of my room. 

As I watched one of the far doors opened, Ryker walked out in absolutely nothing but a towel hanging low on his hips. Unable to stop myself I looked him over, his chest was chiseled just liked the rest of him. My eyes tracked him up until I reached his face. Our gazes locked, I froze for a moment before quickly turning away. Blood rushed to my face stinging my cheeks pink, and it had nothing to do with the biting wind sweeping over me.

Quickly I shuffled back to my side of the balcony pressing myself to the glass door. After a few moments I peeked around the corner, but he wasn't there anymore. Letting out a sigh I slinked back into my room. First I kiss this man after barely knowing him, and now I have stood on his balcony ogling him. He most definitely thinks I'm some kind of a creeper. 

Making sure the balcony door was closed I moved over to sit on one of the plush couch that sat in front of the tv. Switching it on I flipped through the channels till I came to a wolf news station. There was a woman talking and a video of Ryker and I exiting the plane in the background. Turning up the volume I leaned in to listen. 

"Today Prince Ryker returned home over four months after his disappearance, after the attack on the palace. He was accompanied by a young she-wolf, her name and status are not yet known." The reporter said as they brought the video feed to the forefront. 

"They were escorted off the plane together, surrounded by the royal guard. Then the young wolf completely froze on the runway. His highness was seen escorting her quickly to the car. We are all very interested in finding out how our prince is, and who this new she-wolf is. If you have any information guarding her please contact our tip line." 

The women continued to ramble on but I couldn't hear her over the rage filling me. Jacob could have seen that, and not only could he provide them information about me and slander Ryker in the process. But he knows exactly where I am going to be. I knew he was on the runway! I should have never come with Ryker. Not only am I putting myself back in harm's way but now I am putting him in it as well. 

No matter how many times Ryker told me we were safe I don't think I would ever be able to believe him. Jacob and the pack not only got into the palace once, but they killed the royal family and stole the heir. How could Ryker possibly think we were safe here after everything that had happened. 

I was pulled from my thoughts at the sound of a quick knock on our adjoining doors. Walking over to it I allowed Ryker into my rooms. He looked stunning in a pair of dark pants, paired with a navy button-up. His dark hair was still slightly damp and tousled. But all that made me do is want to run my fingers through it.  His silver eyes flicked over me, stopping longer on my curves as they made their way back up. I felt a blush wash over me once again. I swear this man is going to permanently turn me pink at this rate. 

"Are you ready for dinner?"

"Yep! Let's go I'm starving" I say quickly turning away from him, heading for the door. 

----------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for reading! Please vote and comment! I will try and update soon! Love you guys!